Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where shall I ride tomorrow?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Needs to be no more than 1.5 hrs from Liverpool. Not a trail centre so will likely need a GPX. No hike a bike (bad memories of my trip up to Nan Bield!!!). Doable in less than 4 hrs. Was thinking of Cut Gate. Anywhere else?

woody2000

Snowdon

piemonster

Moel Famau

Blimey, just realised my last visit there was out width this century!

Tracey

Cut Gate was in a bit of a mess last weekend and we have had quite a bit of rain since then. Needs quite a bit of frost to firm it up.

charliew

Everywhere is soaking wet and the forecast isn’t great for Snowdon (snow), Peaks doesn’t look great either…

http://www.mwis.org.uk/english-welsh-forecast/SD/

You want something with a ‘hard’ trail and not grassy/boggy moorland, and something that is reasonably sheltered from the wind. Unless someone can suggest a route meeting the criteria then a trail centre seems ideal for the current conditions and weather forecasts…

I had a short day out round Calderdale today on mainly harder pack trails, anything which was wet was very squelchy… And the tops were quite windy too…

I guess it depends on how much of an ‘epic’ mountain day out you want!

loddrik
    Free Member

Moel Famau

Was thinking that and normally it would have fitted the bill perfectly as it’s a great ride but I walked up it with the kids the day before yesterday so fancy somewhere different. What’s up Todmorden way?

saxabar
    Free Member

Snowdon? Ha! Blasting winds at ground level at the mo.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Rivington

There are a few .gpx routes up on Viewranger

Kryton57

Indoors, its heavy rain and 20mph here and for the South thats pretty much time to board up the windows.

piemonster

What’s up Todmorden way?

Overpriced cafes and beards?

piemonster

I’d wager anything Pennine is a sodden soggy mud fest of wetness.

charliew

Moor trails are sodden in Todmorden. Harder tracks not so bad.

Ever been to Lee and Cragg quarry trail centre? Bit different to your normal trail centre, however with the forecast it will pretty wild up there. Cragg isn’t fun into a head wind.

Could take the pennine bridleway over to Widdop from Cliviger? Not a great return route without using the roads though.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Well if your going near a tesco….can you pick me up a turkey? 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Since you are going to tesco, i need more Andrex and Nescafe. Do you need my clubcard number?

Drop of in Brum ta -X-

Junkyard
    Free Member

we still have tracks that re rideable but stay off the moors

Rivvy if you fancy it

Off out about 10 ish was planning on a 4 ish hour loop- much more XC than gnarr but relatively mud free[ we wont need to push through any bog and all rideable but muddy]. but can adapt to accommodate you

Mail in profile etc

carlos
    Free Member

Rivington isn’t a bad shout.

Marple to Hayfield, (or start in Hayfield for a shorter one) Jacobs, Edale, skip Rushup and do the road, Roych Clough, Mount Famine and back to Marple via Middle Moor, Lantern Pike etc… (Middle Moor will be a bit soggy)

Macc Forest, Charity Lane, Cat & Fiddle, Danebower, Cumberland Clough and back round the Forest.

iain1775
    Free Member

Macc Forest, Charity Lane, Cat & Fiddle, Danebower, Cumberland Clough and back round the Forest.

This
    Was running quite nicely last weekend despite the torrential rain

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where shall I ride tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.