Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Where is this?
  • johnellison
    Free Member

Anybody know where this is? It was featured in the editorial last week and it looks familiar but I can’t place it for the life of me. Any ideas?

mrchrist

peak district maybe???

ads678

Is it somewhere in Lincolnshire or Norfolk?

philfive
    Free Member

looks lancashire or yorkshireish.

peteimpreza

Its the trail in to the woods behind Nationwidein Swindon

banks
    Free Member

Clayton Vale

geetee1972
    Free Member

Royston Vasey?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Isn’t there a pretty decent hint if not the actual location in the magazine?

jekkyl

I think it is the peak district, is it the bw coming down from hope cross towards clough farm, the bit just before crossing the stream.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

is it the bw coming down from hope cross towards clough farm, the bit just before crossing the stream.

No, too narrow.

lucien

philfive – Member
    looks lancashire or yorkshireish.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Why, can you see people with flat caps waving black pudding in the back ground?

philfive
    Free Member

actually, sorry, that wasn’t a nice thing for me to say.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed. Still time for a ninja edit.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s not the low path on Blencathra between Hallsfell and the ridge next to it, is it? The background doesn’t look quite right but the foreground looks familiar.

Is this a quiz?

lucien

philfive – Member

POSTED 21 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Thank you, no offence taken 🙂

johnellison
    Free Member

It’s not the low path on Blencathra between Hallsfell and the ridge next to it, is it? The background doesn’t look quite right but the foreground looks familiar.

Is this a quiz?

Good call, but I’m favouring the Calderdale/South Pennines area, given the location of the magazine’s offices.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nah. As you say, background is wrong.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

But could be Keswick GC and the back end of Helvellyn range above the packhorse route over to Doctay? It’s not the usual angle though admittedly.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Ive no idea of the exact location but was going to suggest a north / north west place – glad i didnt now!

Why, can you see people with flat caps waving black pudding in the back ground?

I think the colours / contours look very northern – a lot courser than down south.

Bruce

Footpath by Kinder reservoir?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

looks lancashire or yorkshireish

probably right,…but may you burn in hell for suggesting such a thing!

benman
    Free Member

Footpath by Kinder reservoir?

Don’t reckon, the fields look too high in the background. I was gonna guess Hayfield area though

ads678

The hill in the back ground looks a bit weardale-ish. Or Halifax, again the back ground hill looks like near the ski slope, don’t think it is though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think the colours / contours look very northern – a lot courser than down south.

Is it **** – see what i did there

it does look like the moors so somewhere around there as they all look the same

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Do we it have an answer yet?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It looks kinda like Dent or somewhere – the flat top hill looks vaguely familiar anyway!

banks
    Free Member

could be along the road just before the cobbled climb to kinder ress…

ton

is the picture reversed?
    cos if it is, it is the bottom of the packhorse at tunnel end, and the hill in the background is deer hill.

maybe?

grum
    Free Member

Looks like Calderdale to me too but I dunno where.

johnellison
    Free Member

Looks like Calderdale to me too but I dunno where.

It does to me too, hence the ask. I thought it might be down Walsden/Summit somewhere towards Littleborough.

Mods/Chipps? Any comments?

tonyd

Looks like the dales/moors around North Yorkshire to me – Whitby way.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Those hills in the background look way too Calderdale’y to me. Don’t recognise it though – its not my end of the valley so I’m going to have a guess that its somewhere outside Tod on the way to Burnley near Cock Hill looking north.

johnellison
    Free Member

Those hills in the background look way too Calderdale’y to me. Don’t recognise it though – its not my end of the valley so I’m going to have a guess that its somewhere outside Tod on the way to Burnley near Cock Hill looking north.

Hmm. That would put it in the Cliviger Gorge, which I know like the back of my hand…don’t think it’s round there but…

johnellison
    Free Member

I’m actually beginning to wonder if the pic is a composite – the background looks very familiar, like either the area below Stoodley Pike/above Mankinholes and Lumbutts, or round Todmorden Edge. It’s the foreground that I’m stumped by…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thats what I was thinking but again, don’t know of anything resembling the foreground…

woody2000

I reckon that hill in the background looks down on Burnley Rd, somewhere round Holme Chapel, so the rider is possibly heading up towards the Long Causeway?

johnellison
    Free Member

I reckon that hill in the background looks down on Burnley Rd, somewhere round Holme Chapel, so the rider is possibly heading up towards the Long Causeway?

No, absolutely not – like I said, I know this area inside and out and it’s definitely not in the CLiviger Gorge. I’ll put money it.

user-removed
    Free Member

Capt. Kronos – Member
    It looks kinda like Dent or somewhere – the flat top hill looks vaguely familiar anyway!

That hill does look very like the hill which rises above Dent village.

RustySpanner

Hmmn, tricky one.

Background/rocks definitely look Cliviger/Calderdale-ish, and I’m sure I recognise the foreground from somewhere too.

That fencing looks like it’s around a quarry and I’m sure I’ve ridden it or walked it at sometime.
    It does look a little like that bit to the North of Win Hill as you drop off, but in mirror image.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Ive been staying in Dent this week and I don’t think it’s round here. The hill looks similar to Dent but not quite the same, here’s a quick snap I just took.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Where is this?’ is closed to new replies.