Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where is the short cut for the BEAST at Coed Y Brenin from the cafe????
  • dan98
    Free Member

Hi All,

Had a great visit to Coed last week and we did the Beast after lots of recommendations on here….We arrived at the Cafe (only to find it was closed!!!AHHHhhhhhhhh) but someone had mentioned a short cut out of the cafe to avoid all the fire track and make the Beast shorter!! As it happens the weather was kind and the haul up the hill was worth it but it would be good to know how to cut it short to get another a trail in next time.

Can someone put me right and start the directions as if i’m stood by the gate of the cafe with the house directly behind me!!

Thanks in advance

Dan

Houns

Been a while since i’ve been there but from the cafe carry on up the tarmac as you would do, instead of turning off carry on up the climb, through a wooden gate on your right, up the fireroad and it will bring you out by the adams family downhill section (dunno if it’s even called that now?!)

Houns

Here, follow the red line

dan98
    Free Member

Thanks Houns….

So basically up the hill and take the 2nd right through the gate after the trail has branched off to the right…

Cheers

Sionwms
    Free Member

It’s a great shortcut…… 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

That tarmac road is bloody steep.
    Its much nicer to go along the fire road that joins just to the right of Lurch on that map.

Northwind

The tarmac climb’s a monster, that’s a fact. But better than grinding round a completely pointless fireroad circle. I think next time I might try iolo’s way…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That tarmac road is bloody steep.

Especially if you’re ridden most of CYB and are staying up at Glyn yr Aur and someone says it would be a good idea to ride back up, no need to have the cars down in the valley, oh no.

My legs….I can still feel the pain of that hill!

Diane
    Free Member

Good short cut but rubbish to find the cafe closed 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where is the short cut for the BEAST at Coed Y Brenin from the cafe????’ is closed to new replies.