Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where is the safest place to buy concert tickets?
  • will1
    Free Member

Want to get my daughter some concert tickets and I have heard that there are a lot of dodgy ticket selling sites. Anyone used any honest ones? Cheers.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Is the gig/event sold out?

CountZero

Gigsandtours.com, seetickets.com, ticketmaster.com
    I've used all three regularly with no problems. There are dodgy sites, but they are usually the ones that promise to get you otherwise unavailable tickets for sold out gigs, or best seating. These are best avoided, I've heard lots of bad things, like somebody paying through the nose for Blondie tickets in Bristol, only to find out it wasn't a seated gig, and there were still tickets available from the venue at normal value. Usually if you go to the artists 'site there are links to the proper agencies.

johnnyc

Used all the ones mentioned by Xipe Totec- sound advice; all usually charge hefty service fees per ticket, but that seems to be the norm these days. Artists sites are good for finding official sellers, as are the venue websites.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have always used ticketfinder! However they rip you off on additional fees, otherwise easiest to often go the venue (if feasible) and buy directly from their box office (don't pay the additional fees either).

CountZero

otherwise easiest to often go the venue (if feasible) and buy directly from their box office (don't pay the additional fees either).

Well, that's all fine and dandy, if you happen to live in the vicinity of the venue, but when it requires taking time off from work to get to a venue at nine in the morning that might well be over a hundred miles away, which is the distance London is from me, or twenty five miles, in the case of Bristol, then there's the cost of car parking, which could add another substantial amount to the travel cost. Booking fee: around £3.50, cost of travelling to London and car parking for a day: around £40. No contest. Car parks in Bristol can be £2.50/ hour.

Northwind

Ticketmaster are safe inasmuch as they won't steal any more from you than what they tell you they'll steal from you.

soops
    Free Member

I used a company called Bigmouth for Jamiroquai tickets after they had sold out, got standing ones for face value and a booking fee.

CountZero

Ents24 are another outfit I use. It's worth signing up for ticket alerts for as many as possible, as I've found that a given artist may well have different venues use different agencies for tickets, sometimes one venue will favour a different agency to all others on the tour; I've nearly been caught out by going after tickets at the given sale time, only to find the agency I thought were doing tickets for my chosen venue weren't, and spent frantic minutes trying different links to get the one correct agency. Still easier than a two hundred mile round trip, tho'.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where is the safest place to buy concert tickets?’ is closed to new replies.