Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where is the best place to buy chainrings from?
  • sambuka
    Free Member

Looking for 24t and 38t

4 bolt SRAM crank…

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you will need to check the BCD on them to make sure you get the right ones. Best depends on what you want, cheapest, longest lasting, nicest colour?

slowrider
    Free Member

A bike shop

Next…

gogg
    Free Member

The internet, you could try searching for them using one of these popular search tools like alta vista?

oliverracing

the classifieds on here!

cloudnine
    Free Member

I have some brand new shimano ones off the 2×10 I bought the other week

pegglet
    Free Member

i,v got brand new and spangly 2×10 XTR chainrings 26/38 104 fit…?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

chip
    Free Member

I bought a few chinook chainrings before Christmas from hargroves cycles.

They were the cheapest I could find at the time. Also bought the nine speed as they were a lot cheaper than 10 speed and given the internal spacing of 9&10 speed chains are the same I could not see why they would be different.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I sympathise, after getting a bit confused myself by labels like “9 speed” , “suitable for 2x only” etc. Then ordered a 38t SLX ring from CRC and received a 32t one instead.

sambuka
    Free Member

It’s not as easy as you might think if you haven’t bought them before. It’s confusing!

OK, this is the current spec:
    CHAINRINGS38A x 24A, carbon shift guard, 4-bolt, 104/64mm

On a SRAM crankset, Carbon S-2200, 10-speed XC Trail double, GXP spindle, removeable spider

SRAM x7 2×10 front mech

@cloudnine, @pegglet would yours fit this spec? If so could you post special delivery mon without fail? And what price? Feel free to contact by email, in my profile

@slowrider, @gogg tried those already before here, but thanks for your helpful comments. Feel free to give me a shout if there’s anything you think I might be able to help you with

gogg
    Free Member

Sambuka, do you have this weeks winning lottery numbers please, the one’s I tried last night were rubbish.

😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

Sambuka.. YGM
    They are slx 10spd 26/38 £18 plus postage and can send tomorrow.

sambuka
    Free Member

@gogg it feels a bit like that with the number of variables!

sambuka
    Free Member

@cloudnine will let you know this eve, thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where is the best place to buy chainrings from?’ is closed to new replies.