Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where is most reasonable on line for bike parts at moment?
  • djp7323
    Free Member

Got an old orange patriot frame from ebay and now looking to build up an all mountain rig for the alps next year.

I am keeping my eyes peeled on the classifieds, but wanted to know your experiences on what internet shops have best service and delivery plus most reasonable prices?

Many thanks

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Highonbikes, Wiggle, CRC and Merlin all get my vote depending on what stuff you are after.

Not many of the big names (apart from Evans) do Spesh stuff though which to a fan like me, is a pain.

warpcow
    Free Member

If you’re ordering a lot of stuff at once, I’d look to Germany. Bike-discount.de and bike-components.de are usually cheaper than anywhere in the UK (especially for Shimano and various wheels and forks), so if you buy a couple of things the postage cost is more than worth it.

Bregante

as above, Wiggle, Merlin and CRC but it’s not as though one shop will be cheaper across the board than another. Those three would usually be my first port of call. Je James can have some good deals from time to time (Rockshox sale at the moment) but in my experience delivery times can be hugely sketchy

Jerome
    Free Member

wolly hat slx stuff online

scotbike
    Free Member

as Bregante said, JE James have good deals.. but delivery varies can be great, or can be slooow. Ribble also have good deals time-to-time.

if it’s a full build, warpcow is on the money – can seem daunting, but Germany is huge competitve market and so good, good prices and availability. Cross border delivery is straightforward too.

oh and Wiggle, Merlin and CRC etc all good, most of the time. ymmv 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

I use Google shopping searches if it’s something specific. Got a great deal on a Gamut chain device earlier this year from Fawkes Cycles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where is most reasonable on line for bike parts at moment?’ is closed to new replies.