Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Where is John Deacon?
  • jekkyl

Has anyone seen him? where is he? he needs to get back in touch with Rog and the bushy haired badger weirdo and tell them to stop raping the queen back catolgue for adverts. Have you seen the latest flash one?
    I mean why, it’s not like they’re short of money!
    Do you think Freddie would have approved such nonsense? I despair!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Very firmly retired. Basically said “I’ve had enough of this shit, I’m out of here!”

He’s best out of it really with the mess they’re making in the name of the band.

chrismac

In fairness some of it might be beyond Rog and Brians control if Freddie was credited with the rights they may have lapsed now.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP though

scotroutes

At the back, in the shadows? 😉

He never really carried on with Queen (musically at least) after Freddie died. He still gets his share of the royalties though.

jekkyl

I always thought he should write his autobiog along the same line as John Densmore. A tell all warts n’ all story of Queen from the start to the end of his time with the band.

Rich_s

Always thought Freddie’s description of the band was most revealing…

“One queen, two pricks, John Deacon.”

prawny

He’s in Devon, or was the last I heard. I handled his insurance briefly when I worked at th old Norwich Union, nice bloke apparently, always had a lot of time for John Deacon, good bass player, no arsing about. Don’t make em like that any more

CountZero

had a lot of time for John Deacon, good bass player, no arsing about. Don’t make em like that any more

They do, but they’re usually at the back or off to one side, playing bass… 😉

Cougar

AIUI, John Deacon retired when Freddie died, reckoned he couldn’t carry on without him.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Roger Taylor had a big house on the Helford River I think

scotroutes

Other than the Freddie tribute concert

slackalice
    Free Member

Roger Taylor had a big house on the Helford River I think

He did, at Mawnan Smith and an even bigger one near Brook in Surrey, which had Freddie’s grand piano in the converted mill recording studio. I played chopsticks on it.

mikey74
    Free Member

From what I gather Deacon was closest to Freddie out of all of them and took his death really hard, and believed Queen died with Freddie. It’s a shame Brian and Roger didn’t get the memo.

deadkenny
    Free Member

slackalice – Member 
    and an even bigger one near Brook in Surrey, which had Freddie’s grand piano in the converted mill recording studio. I played chopsticks on it.

Milhanger? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2807655/8million-mansion-Geldof-suite-party-barn-remarkably-colourful-rock-n-roll-pedigree.html

Last I heard he’s in Puttenham now and Brian’s in Windlesham fussing over badgers.

All not far from me, but then so are tonnes of the rich and famous.

sc-xc

I fondly remember him on Blue Peter. Didn’t know he was in a band as well…

mefty
    Free Member

Putney

Rubber_Buccaneer

sc-xc – Member
    I fondly remember him on Blue Peter. Didn’t know he was in a band as well…

Don’t be such a Joey 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Didn’t Duran Duran also have a drummer called Roger Taylor, too?

MrSmith
    Free Member

I have been to Rogers place in Surrey, we thought it was a hotel and parked out front (the person we were meeting was his son but we didn’t know he had a famous dad) I sat in the car parked next to a maybach, Rolls Royce and cayenne, looked at a group of people talking on the ‘hotel steps’ and thought I recognised that bloke?
    My colleague was about to ask him how much it was to stay for a night! 😆
    Was only when driving out that we saw the recording studio with the gold disks on the wall that I finally twigged. I very nearly wandered up to ‘hotel reception’ to ask where the toilets were. 😳

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Where is John Deacon?’ is closed to new replies.