Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where is it best to get insurance for a mtb holiday in the alps?
  • lyons
    Free Member

As above really.

And am i fecked cause i go in a week, and havent got an e1 11 or whatever that form is called?

Cheers, Andy

crazy-legs

EHIC. Go to the direct.gov website, it’s all on there and it should come through pretty quick. 10 min application.

For travel insurance I’ve always used Direct Line but I get a discount cos I use them for my car insurance. You need to do it over the phone and specify MTBing as an activity but it’s still pretty cheap. They paid out about £30000 for me when I crashed in the Alps a few years ago, that included all the hospital treatment and the helicopter evac. I didn’t have an E111 either but the insurance guy just said “Oh don’t worry, we’ll sort out a retrospective one.”

boxelder

snowcard/activecard – choose your levels of cover. Set up for mountain sports and good value

ChrisE
    Free Member

Activcard = brilliant

C

Gary_C

+1 for Snowcard.

bruneep

+2 snowcard.

would recommend them to anyone having seen how they dealt with a mate who came off the hut jump at Les Gets many years ago. Nothing was a problem to them.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

FWIW – after reading the good stuff about snowcard i’m considering them when i go to morzine in august.

Tracey

Another for Snowcard, we have the annual family one which covers us for DH mountain biking and snowboarding

Tracey

GolfChick
    Free Member

we’ve gone for dog tags, never had to claim with them but offer good protection for the possibility of having to.

leeph
    Free Member

Snowcard being using them for years and only needed to claim once. Top company

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where is it best to get insurance for a mtb holiday in the alps?’ is closed to new replies.