Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where is everyone changing their £'s to €'s these days please?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Alps trip, I need a few €’s…..

Is it still The Post Office?

£250 = €310

bruneep

I use travelex or M&S

leffeboy

Depending on your bank you can always just take money out at a cash machine while you are away. Just remember to take a big lump out at one time rather than losts of small amounts. Don’t use the airport or exchange machines with ‘free’ withdrawals as the rate is terrible. Regular bank machines seem ok though

For very large amounts I’d use M&S though

TinMan
    Free Member

Wherever moneysavingexpert says is cheapest and most convenient for me usually.

jota180
    Free Member

TBH – for £250, the savings to be made by shopping around are insignificant

I get around Europe a fair bit and use a Metro bank debit card, currently about as good as it gets if you’re looking for the best overall exchange.

a FairFX pre-paid card is a good one – €1.233/£1 currently
    They charge €1.50 for ATM withdrawals though but no loading or use fees if you use it to pay for stuff

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Used a Thomas cook card last year with £1000 on it and took. 500 euros in cash. Also changed some over there as it was a better rate.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I just use the post office as its close to the office..

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah not really worth worrying about for small amounts, I generally just use Tesco/Travelex as convenient. Even the airport exchanges seemed fairly competitive when I checked last time.

cp

cash machine when I get there – works out the same or even cheaper than pre-buying as long as you’re getting out £200 or £300 out at a time.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I shopped around my local town recently…

post office worst rate, then banks and then independent travel agent.

If you have time, order online and get them delivered to your home. I’ve got the best rate in the past doing this.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

cash machine when I get there – works out the same or even cheaper than pre-buying as long as you’re getting out £200 or £300 out at a time.

This with the right card is usually best.

jfletch
    Free Member

Sainsbury’s is currently top in the order online + collect rankings on Money Saving Expert (if you exclude all the ones where you have to collect from a specific place with 1 branch etc)

It is cheaper to collect that get it delivered for “holiday” amounts as you save the postage charges.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where is everyone changing their £'s to €'s these days please?’ is closed to new replies.