Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where is Courmayeur's main gondola located (on google maps)?
  • broken
    Free Member

Am going snowboarding to Coumaueur for a short break. Where is the main gondola located? Can’t seem to see it on google maps satellite view. Also, anyone recommend a good hotel nearby?

headfirst
    Free Member

Its on the other side of the valley to the main town centre, near the big sports hall…I’ll go have a look on google earth for it… stayed in a nice hotel called beausejour but it was not walking distance from either the gondola or the centre

headfirst
    Free Member

Right its on the west side of town, at first I thought it was the two black roofed buildings, but then you can see the line through the trees starting just below them up to the piste going west with a touch of south in it (WSW I believe?) up to some building and a big grassy area – the pistes. Thats the ball park* area anyways

HTH

* I mean gondola station

Philby

Its on the Strada Regionale, near the older part of the town with the pedestrianised area.

I think the hotel I stayed in was called the Hotel Courmayeur which was a couple of minutes from the gondola. Ski First Choice have it in their brochure.

broken
    Free Member

Thanks very much.

Hey is it suitable for Intermediate boarders? Done 30/40 days but not been for 3 years so keener if the reds were more bluish than blackish.

Gowrie
    Free Member

The main gondola is here
    Its at the corner of Strada del Volpi, between it and Strada Statale 26, just across the road from where the map says “Refugio La Maison di….”

The one headfirst mentions is (I think) the newish Dolonne bubble across the valley.

Colin

plumber
    Free Member

I did the resort as my 3rd trip – it was fine for me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where is Courmayeur's main gondola located (on google maps)?’ is closed to new replies.