Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Where in UK haven't you been?
  • boltonjon

Just really missing Isle of Wight, Anglesey, Jersey/Guernsey, North East of Scotland & lots the Scottish islands (except Skye & O. Hebrides)

Quite impressed with that – but I suppose that’s the result of lots of biking over the last 4 years and ridiculous amounts of partying around the country for the proceeding 15 years 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

Never been north of the Lakes on the west and Hull on the east.

Keva
    Free Member

I haven’t been over to east Anglia much, never been further north than Fort William and never been to Liverpool.

ononeorange

Depends really how small areas are defined (eg I’ve been to say the North West but never been to Skelmersdale). But I’ll have a go:

Parts of Cornwall, most of Essex and Suffolk, chunks of Lincolnshire, Hull and environs, Chorley, Burnley and other bits of Lancashire, North west Scotland, Orkneys, Shetland, Man, and Northern Ireland.

pt0608
    Free Member

Just returned from a weekend on Skye. It was ace. Must go back to the far north of Scotland.

Never been to Grimsby. What am I missing?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

about to break my east anglian coast duck, quite interested in seeing what it’s like.

I’d like to get to the Pembrokshire coast someday.

Northern Cities I’ve not been to include Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull etc, it’s too far, for what reward?

North West Scotland should be visited by anyone at least once, so quiet up there and beautiful, magnificent. Sheer lack of people make it the best the UK Has to offer IMHO.

ads678

Probably been to pretty much all counties in England, a fair few places in Wales but only ever been to Edinburgh an dalbeatie in Scotland, and never been to northern Ireland.

Wetwang* is very small.

*one of my favourite place names along with land of nod and Barton in the beans!

Keva
    Free Member

I forgot the Isle of Man and northern Ireland, never been there either.

slowoldman

Never been to Grimsby. What am I missing?

Fish.

I haven’t been to the far North of Scotland – Sutherland, that sort of area, or Orkney or the Western Isles. I have visited Shetland a couple of times though sadly on business.

natrix
    Free Member

I think I’m only missing Isle of Man, the Scottish islands and Wetwang.

“North West Scotland should be visited by anyone at least once, so quiet up there and beautiful, magnificent. Sheer lack of people make it the best the UK Has to offer IMHO”

But think of the midges 😯

Although it’s flat I’ve always found East Anglia to be quite peaceful and pleasantly calming.

donks
    Free Member

South end and Barnsley… Oh and Hunstanton.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Don’t the nice bits ie Yorkshire, Lakes, Scotland, Wales.

Never done Norfolk. Currently doing the dullness that is Windsor, Slough, the South is very over rated

matt_outandabout

Orkney and Shetland, most if the western isles, still not far enough North and West of Scotland, far south west of Wales.

Unfortunately I have been to Hull, Birmingham, Stoke, Preston Cumbernauld, Ardrossan and Slough. 🙁

I am struggling to think of an English county that I haven’t been to, most overnight or multiple times.

travellinjones
    Free Member

Been pretty much all over Scotland, except the Orkney Islands, and some of the smaller islands on the West Side. Haven’t really more than scratched surface of England, Wales and NI. From what I’ve seen I’m not missing much 😉

Nipper99
    Free Member

Grew up in South Northants I’ve been around most of highland Scotland and the Outer Hebrides. I go up to the Lakes a few times a year. I know the Peaks quite well and I’d quite like to go to Northumberland but other than that that’s it, I see no reason to leave Wales.

scotroutes

Almost everywhere…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rwRYG7]BC_Lo[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

but then there’s still so much of Scotland to explore, I might never get the chance to go anywhere else.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I still want/need to go to the Channel Isles, Scilly Isles, Isle of Man, Shetlands – I can see a bit of a theme…

Oddly, for over 50 years, I was always quite pleased to say I’d never been to Blackpool – now I live here.

v8ninety

Pretty much all of the South East, apart from London. I’ve been to Essex, struck me as an overpriced, overcrowded sort of place that pretty much defines the word suburbia. It was only for a couple of days and it was fifteen years ago though so I could be being very unfair to the place. Having met a few people from Surrey, (enough to expect the law of averages to have evened them out) I NEVER want to go there. Arrogant C***wombles.

Oh and the Lakes. It looks lovely, but there’s always similarly nice places, nearer. Must rectify that situation.

CountZero

Most of it.

alpin
    Free Member

Done tour of Scotland 8 years ago. Didn’t do the far north or the islands .
    Haven’t really been to the south West or Wales .

Seen lots of the south coast and London.

I’ve driven through lots of the rest but never really visited much of it .

Need to rectify that. Want to do a trip to various trail centres next 1-2 years in the van.

BillMC

Haven’t been north of Edinburgh. I was staying in the Liverpool docks area last week. Blimey I was impressed: great pubs and cheap real ale, interesting architecture, friendly people, civilised driving and their own Tate gallery! I thought Manchester looks very tired in comparison.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

The majority of Wales I’ve never seen which I’d like to. South East apart from London, again like many it does not appeal. Want to see more of the Lakes and also Yorkshire. Scotland seen lots of it and would move up there if I could.

nickc

Hmmm, interesting what people say about the south east. There are parts of it that rival anywhere in the world for beauty. TBF there’s an awful lot of it under tarmac and concrete and it seems to be populated with more than it’s fair share of idiots…But some of it is quite lovely

natrix
    Free Member

Currently doing the dullness that is Windsor, Slough, the South is very over rated

Worth giving Swinley Forest a try if you’re that close 8)

fionap

The biggest gap for me is Northumberland and the English coast to the north of Newcastle. The only major city I think I’ve not seen is Leeds, not too upset about that although I would love to go to the Yorkshire dales just above it. Other gaps: Anglesey, the bit of Wales between Aberystwyth and the Brecons (is there actually anything here at all??), the north-east of Scotland above Inverness and all the islands apart from the Outer Hebrides. Also need to explore Northern Ireland – have been over the border to Newry but that’s it, despite having seen a lot of the Republic.
    Overall, not a bad effort for someone from the very far SW who generally considers ‘the north’ to begin above a line from Bristol to London!

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Where in UK haven't you been?’ is closed to new replies.