Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where in lakes to take 4yr old on bike?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

So my 4yr old has just got rid of her stabilisers but trying to think of where to ride with her that’s not too hilly!

Been along the promenade at grange a few times but wold be nice to find some easy gravel tracks.

Tarn how’s would be good but it’s just a footpath and always busy. Any recommendations in South lakes area?

franksinatra

How about Ambleside up to Rydal? Closed road, not to hilly and you can play around on the stepping stones to break things up a bit.

whitestone
    Free Member

I can see Grange prom getting a bit boring! Maybe check out some of the wheelchair access paths such as that on Loughrigg terrace round the side of Rydal Water.

The track along from the Windermere ferry past Claife Heights towards Wray Castle would be suitable – park at the end of the tarmac just north of Ferry Nab. An out and back so you can judge when she gets tired and just turn round.

TomB

Elterwater to skelwith bridge, cake at Chesters and return, or vice versa. Lovely flat river side path. Stay on left of river (looking downstream) at the bottom ro avoid Road.

martinhutch

Elterwater to skelwith bridge, cake at Chesters and return, or vice versa. Lovely flat river side path.

This was the one I was thinking of.

lakesrider
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions will give them all a try! Chesters with cake sounds good!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Deffo the chesters/elterwater or wray castle/ferry.

Second is a little longer with a little hill. Normally an ice cream van at ferry. Enjoy

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Buttermere has a lovely BW down one side of the lake, with pub, and ice screams in the village

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where in lakes to take 4yr old on bike?’ is closed to new replies.