• This topic has 49 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Where have you ridden today
  • Tracey

Just got back to the car after night riding Steel City DH in Greno Woods with Abigale . Its moist, misty but so much fun.
    Anyone else been out

scotroutes

A wee bimble round Glenbogle

Ambrose

A spin up the Black Mountain. It was a bit wet up there today. Back through the woods and beside the river was slippery as heck.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Davesport

Mainly on East Lothians beaches & coastal trails. Unseasonably warm & a flippin amazing day out :o)

rOcKeTdOg

local NWAlps

good job it was calm, warm, wet and horrendously muddy then!

sofabear
    Free Member

Usual visit to Peaslake/Surrey Hills. Most of the trails were holding up well to the rain, a few were a little worse for wear.

Weather was a bit sucky, drizzly rain and a bit chilly but fun nonetheless.

🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Delamere forest, it was a filthy muddy mess and my first time on a mountain bike since 10th October this year.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Tamworth Snow Dome – does that count? :mrgreen: Tomorrow a couple of hours of Sutton Park slopfest

jimob
    Free Member

Travelled over to keswick and did the Borrowdale bash. Not as wet as we thought it might have been. Cracking day’s riding

superfli
    Free Member

QECP, my usual. One of the most slippery rides this year though! At one point I was Sat on bike behind my mate, watching his back wheel slip down onto lower rut of off camber, and my back wheel decided to slip down. Bike and me went slithering down the slope to bottom lol! All good fun though

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice pics Rocketdog, but what’s that thing taped to your TT?

Some kind of pleasure device?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Practicing & failing at wheelies on the rebuilt ancient hardtail in a sunny but flooded West Lancs..

sofabear
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

Some kind of pleasure device?

For massaging the feeling back in. 😉

matt_outandabout

but what’s that thing taped to your TT?

Gorillapod

matt_outandabout

Wallace Warriors Christmas ride out – Dunblane, Allan Water, Bridge of Allan. Slop, muck, mud, slippy, wet and ace. Remind me again about how slow riding in big groups, especially of children, is….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Czv88D]Wallace Warriors Christmas ride[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

Nice pics Rocketdog, but what’s that thing taped to your TT?

it’s the spring for the rear shock

welshfarmer

Black & Red loop at Brechfa. Sold to us by a mate as being the driest day of the week. It rained almost continuously 🙂

Was tough going at times but it is running quick on the downhills if you can avoid the trees. Great fun.

TiRed

Road loops of Chobham common. No Rapha 500 as I’m away for three days, but I could have been a contender (if I can put 8hrs in next Thursday).

wordnumb
    Free Member

Afan, inside a very big cloud.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Down the road to my mates to load the bike up for tomorrow’s trip to Rogate!

OCB
    Free Member

Poking about in the backlanes of South Devon.

ps44
    Free Member

Bluebird day in San Diego. SS spin on the waterfront and grind up Soledad.

kcal

one of the local forests – mostly fire road with some extremely slippy / sideways movement singletrack thrown in.

Ice / snow lying on the upper sections. Singlespeed for extra calorie burn. Ace!!

sweepy
    Free Member

I was sitting on the sofa feeling like a right doughboy and unlikely to do anything till this thread gave me a bit of a shove, so thanks.

This is where my circular route became an out and back.

br
    Free Member

Thornilee in the Tweed Valley, 3200ft of climbing/descending in just 10 miles. 🙂

Surprisingly grippy, but water was pouring off the hills.

Bolt

Local loop up to Darwen tower, the main trails have suffered from the last weeks rain!

househusband
    Free Member

A wee bimble on the cyclocross around Tentsmuir, near St Andrews;

Lovely weather!

withersea
    Free Member

Cannock Chase, great ride, v busy, shhhitte trip home on the M6 🙁

Better to have ridden and got stuck in traffic, rather not to have ridden at all!

proutster
    Free Member

Getting ranted at by an old lady walker in the Goyt Valley…..

“There’s just too many of you” was her main rant – despite me being outnumbered by at least 100:1 (I was the only bike I saw) on my ride. She didn’t want to discuss, she just wanted to rant, so after trying to engage her for the 4th time, I smiled at her and cycled away.

Didn’t spoil my day, had a great laugh slipping, sliding and splashing away 😀

Simon

Local ride in the woods and on the moors above the flooded Aire Valley.

Rosss
    Free Member

Rode the Monkey at Cannock, well I say rode more like chatted like dinner ladies with two friends i’ve not seen for a while and occasionally rode a bit.

duncancallum

Went for a paddle round rivvy

farm-boy

Stromlo, ACT, Australia. Not as wet as the UK.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Round and through a couple of floods near Leeds.

iainc

30 odd road miles on soggy south Lanarkshire back roads, lovely though, esp as first 10 was with junior on his brand new road bike on his 13th birthday 😀

Mbnut
    Free Member

A little loop around Bedgebury with my son…. nowt special but great to see my lad riding hard and enjoying every second.

Swinley today and Surrey Hills tomorrow… I will then be about 20 miles short of my targeted year total so there will be another ride before 1st Jan.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Nowhere. It’s 38c and not even 10am. Too hot.

rickmeister

Off the top of Feldberg in Black Forest, Germany, rocky rooty madness but great fun.

olly2097
    Free Member

Rode along the north Wales coastal path to Llandudno, round the orme and back again.

Hit a dog at 12mph. It’s owner decided to throw a stick in front of me. Dog was fine. I was annoyed. Lady was in shock.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Portland Harbour and Weymouth beach so far today.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Where have you ridden today’ is closed to new replies.