Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Where has your bike taken you?
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Just wondering where other people have been because of biking, that they wouldn’t normally visit.

So far I’ve been to lots of places in the UK including Plymouth, Beachy Head, Macchynleth, Rhyl, Newcastleton, Fort William, Kielder, Builth Wells, a couple of places not far out of london for the D2D and AYTE events. All nice places.
    Thats all i can care to remember in the UK. Only place sunny and warm I’ve been to was Morzine years ago.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Bike shops usually!

Mine’s taken me around Scotland, Wales, the Peaks, The Downs, Thetford and Aylesbury. It’s also taken me to and from pubs, it’s beaten tube strikes and has even got me into work through six inches of snow.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Japan, Italy, Canada, Scotland, Alaska, and too many places in the US to count.

Drac

Scotland, North and South Wales, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Northumberland, Epping Forest, Durham, Thetford, Switzerland, France and errrmmm think that’s about it. Oh wait Gloucester.

binners

Withington hospital. Bolton hospital. Hope hospital.

And Yorkshire

chvck
    Free Member

Into the floor at speed, several times, mostly at various locations throughout mid-wales

stcolin
    Free Member

Not very far, but to some fantastic places and met some fantastic people, Scotland for example. Yes, even the people were nice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I took my 29erSS to Yorkshire last week, does that count?

I need new knees now.

willard

It took me to work and back the other day, to the shops and back last week, and face down in the filth and mud at Cannock a couple of months ago.

motorman
    Free Member

Into debt & back again, was a great ride.. 🙂

ollie
    Free Member

All nice places

Rhyl, Really??

SkillWill
    Free Member

I rode my bike from Reigate to Lincoln (in one day) a few months ago to visit my parents. It was the best journey I’ve ever been on.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

All nice places
    Rhyl, Really??

Well i had the biggest portion of ham egg pineapple and chips I’ve ever seen! On an oversize plate.. After one of the merida marathons, so it gets my vote.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Mine’s taken me just about all over the UK – not Ireland yet though, maybe next summer will be a few weeks touring over there. It just doesn’t feel right to go anywhere without a bike these days.

BillMC

Lots. This summer the Pyrenees and up 9000′ on Volcan Agua, Guatamala.

iDave
    Free Member

Many wonderful places including into a dry river canyon on white mesa in New Mexico and to the top of Mt Sinai

senorj

loads of really beautiful places in England ,Wales and Scotland.
    Oh and France and Spain. and Switzerland too.
    There are still loads of places in Britain that I’m sad to say I’ve yet to visit(with a bicycle)
    – perhaps that’s another thread .
    Peaks, Sarf West , Highlands & Snowdon to name a few.

andysbeans
    Free Member

Hmm, North and South wales, Scotland, Surrey, Peaks, Lakes, North Yorkshire moors, Yorkshire Dales and Cannock…oh and Catton park.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I forgot to mention the lakes on my list. Did an event in Penrith a few years ago (Merida series), stunning riding and scenery. Was surprised to still see bunch’s of loud drunk yobs in the town when i went out for dinner though.. didn’t expect it in a small town.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Where has your bike taken you?’ is closed to new replies.