Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where has a scott CR1 in the south? Or does anyone have a M or L in Bristol?
  • robw1
    Free Member

Im thinking of buying a scott cr1 road bike but cant find anywhere that actually has one in stock. Does anyone know anywhere that might in either the southwest or southeast….or anywhere in between? After a medium or a large to get a feel of. Or alternatively does anyone have one in Bristol that I could try?

chakaping
    Free Member

How tall are you?

I’d offer you a go on my medium but I’m oop north.

kudos
    Free Member

Large oop norf here too… Very similar geo to Cervelo R series – I ride a 56 Cervelo and a Large CR1 – identical build.

I’m 6’1″, generally between a 56 and 58 on sizing charts but tend towards smaller frames.

robw1
    Free Member

cheers! Im 5’10 so generally on the cusp of medium and large. ride a large boardman comp at the moment but not sure if its slightly too big for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

I had a medium Boardman before my CR1. I’m a gnat’s under 5ft 8in.

The geometry wasn’t hugely different on paper, but the Scott seems to fit and handle so much better.

I also had a vague feeling the Boardman was too big for me, but I’m not convinced it was. I suspect it might’ve been longer chainstays giving it a weird understeery feeling in corners sometimes.

kudos
    Free Member

I think I’d be looking at a medium if I was 5’10”.

I ride my L with a 130mm stem.

boblo
    Free Member

Have you tried Epic?

joeegg
    Free Member

A dealer near me has a Medium CR1 Pro for £1600 which is tempting me.
    I’m about 5’11’ and looking at the geometry and comparing it to my present Cube road bike the medium would be the one.

boblo
    Free Member

BTW I’m 6′ and rude a 56 if that helps.

rockfield
    Free Member

have you tried BW cycling in Bristol? They had a load of scott bikes in there last time I looked, and I’m sure they would be pleased to help out.

robw1
    Free Member

Where is Epic? BW don’t have them in stock unfortunately….neither do evans. I think I defiantly need to try one….more so now!!

boblo
    Free Member

Ludlow. Well worth the trip.

ska-49
    Free Member

I’ve still got a brand new frameset for sale in Medium?
    I’ve been too busy to sell it till now.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/brand-new-scott-cr1-sl-54cm-carbon-frame-fork-headset-500-posted

robw1
    Free Member

Ludlow is a bit out of the way from me.

Ska – where you based at?

ska-49
    Free Member

10 minutes off J13 of the M4- Newbury area.

robw1
    Free Member

Ska. I travel up and down the M4 all the time. Whats your email? It doesn’t come up in your profile. Or email me…in profile.

cinnamon_girl

Give Mountain Trax in Wokingham a call, they’re a large Scott dealer.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where has a scott CR1 in the south? Or does anyone have a M or L in Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.