Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • where for a drink in the Stevenage vacinity…
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

May be headed down that way next month…. any decent pubs in the local vicinity, north of town or in town?

Just looked on google maps and the place looks like a dump, not full of hope 😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Stevenage is a dump. I have been there for a night or two a week for the last 4 months. I normally saty at either the Cromwell or the Gate hotels which are at either end of the old high street. Only ever drunk in the Old High Street as can’t walk far.

Cinibar – over priced wanna be wine bar. Okay for food but pricy for small portions unless they are doing 2-4-1 on the burgers (Monday night only I think)

Red Lion – interesting clientèle, pool tables, rock music, interesting aroma in the smoking area (drinking hole I normally end up in)

Wetherspoon – MacDonalds of pubs. exactly what you expect to find in Wetherspoons

There are half a dozen other pubs on the old high street for you to try. I have had a pint in most but normally end up in the Red Lion for the friendly and eclectic mix of people.

Post up when you are there and if I am there too we can meet for a drink if you want.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I also have experience of doing a few nights a week in Stevenage from years back. I don’t envy anyone who has to try and entertain him or herself there. 😐

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

red lion…

can’t wait…

will keep you informed cheers

Bimbler
    Free Member

Lots of pubs in Hertford

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You could always stay in Luton…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

The Plume of Feathers. Google it, but you’d need a taxi

Failing that, watch The World End and take your pick, it was filmed in a few pubs round there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘where for a drink in the Stevenage vacinity…’ is closed to new replies.