Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where exactly on the Mendips is the christmas tree trail?
  • olliesaunders60
    Free Member

Hi all, if anyone has a grid reference or something…im not familiar with the area and trying to plan a vague ride across the Mendips which includes the decent trails.

Would it be feasible to start in Weston Super Mare and make it to Castle Cary (whilst including all the best sections along the way and cheddar gorge) in about 6 hours? (assume i am a competent mountain biker with a decent mountain bike) Thinking of trying it this Sunday.

edd

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=346193&Y=157204&A=Y&Z=115

You will note that the start of the trail is not on a public right of way.

olliesaunders60
    Free Member

thanks a lot fingers crossed for good weather

SOAP
    Free Member

Edd looking at that map what direction dose the trail run.(if you were looking at a clock)
    Cheers

Duffer
    Free Member

I’m not entirely familiar with the “christmas tree trail”, however i used to ride the area all the time.

Our normal loop used to take us east along Rowborrow Warren, through the gate onto Black Down, up to the Trig Point at Beacon Batch and down the other side. This is the fun bit:

If you follow that trail from the east of the Trig Point and go north / west, following Limestone link and onto East Twin Swallet, that’s some good fun riding, as long as you like rocks.

Hope that helps; it’s quite difficult to describe…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where exactly on the Mendips is the christmas tree trail?’ is closed to new replies.