Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where (else) to sell a car?
  • jimmy

Other than Auto trader, where’s good to sell cars? Preferably not eBay or Gumtree. AT seems to be largely a market place for dealerships, although this could works as I’ll be a grand cheaper at least on the face of it.

Denis99
    Free Member

What car are you selling?

I am looking for a super mini type car for my daughter right now.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I know you said no to eBay, but I have used the eBay classifieds format several times with success. Think it’s £15-£20 for a month listing, and essentially all you’re paying for is the shop window. Once you have someone interested, just conduct the sale like usual.

jimmy

Any fees to pay on sale?

Denis – Civic Tourer, so unlikely…

M6TTF
    Free Member

sold my motorbike on eBay. no sale fees, just a one off listing charge

lunge

Why not Gumtree? I used it to sell mine, it was easy, free and generally no issues.

Northwind

It’s a while since I’ve done it but autotrader just seemed to be a site for generating spam and timewasters. Ebay for me + pistonheads if it’s anything interesting.

Gumtree is interesting but again, epic timewasters, there’s just something about gumtree that causes people to turn up and offer 50% of what you’re asking, then get pissed off when you say no, in the same way as pinkbike always gets you people offering to swap for an xbox.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Any fees to pay on sale?

There is no final value fee for selling a vehicle listed as a classified ad, but you must pay 1% for auctions and buy it now sales.

Facebook seller groups are supposed to be good as well, never used them myself, tho.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i usually start with a facebook post – rarely lasts more than a couple of days before someone takes it.

nickjb
    Free Member

eBay and Gumtree are the best places. Any reason to discount them?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Northwind +1 on gumtree. Stupid offers, and that’s if they even bother to turn up.

jimmy

Furry muff, I wasn’t liking the ebay idea for fear of fees, but seems not. I suppose Gumtree’s worth a pop too given its not particularly cheap- should keep time wasters to a minimum. OK OK, better just get it done.

somouk
    Free Member

Pistonheads could be an outside bet as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where (else) to sell a car?’ is closed to new replies.