Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • Where does your username come from?
  • GreenRoom
    Free Member

The green room: It’s the bad place you go in a kayak when things go wrong, ie. held underwater for extended periods, and in nice clear water the light is very green.

alpin
    Free Member

german for alpine. n othing to do with my bike….

Deveron53
    Free Member

The river Deveron in Aberdeenshire, AB53 postcode area, lived there for a couple of years around 1999-2001, now living back there.
    Want to change my name to Pitfichie as that’s where I’ll be living in 2 months time!

willej

willej = first name
    willej = initial of middle name
    willej = initial of surname

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Click on the photo.

midlifecrashes

Better get an obvious one in in case folk are nervous following a legend.

I’ll be 47 this week, and have a habit of leaving the bike or the trail unexpectedly.

slowmart
    Free Member

I’m a racing snake called Kevin

Spaceman
    Free Member

High school nickname, some people from my home town probably still don’t know my real name!

I became quite a fan of psychoactive substances as a young adult so the nickname may have been a self fulfilling prophesy.

aa
    Free Member

i am anonymous

and an alcoholic

and an alien from ashby

boltonjon

Used to play University Hockey when studying in Bolton

Every 2nd week enabled us to visit another Uni to play a match.

My team was shite (won 2 games in around 100 matches), but we ALWAYS won the post-match boat race

Would generally refuse the mini-bus journey home and stay and get lashed up with the hosting team

Different teams who i got to know started calling me Boltonjon and its stuck since then

The mad rush to a random train station most Thursday mornings to get a train back for 9am lectures would always be fun!

Them’ were the days!!

flumewelck
    Free Member

When I started mountain biking I’d think that I was getting to the top then I’d turn the corner and there’s a bigger climb than the one i’ve just done. So what always came into my head was ( well fcck me ) it became a regular saying of mine.

althepal

Er, I like to think I’m an affable type of chap. Plus it rhymes..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I got mine from Lidl – it was ok at the time, but wore out pretty quickly

schrickvr6
    Free Member

My name is Schri Ckvr, but schrickvr 1 2 3 4 and 5 were already taken.

flap_jack
    Free Member

my name is jack, and when I’m not having a bumble I’m usually in a flap.

Named by Phil at MBMB in Chamonix as I was always last to be ready. It stuck and I am often called it in public – especially in car parks by folk waiting for me…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

ninkynonk
    Free Member

the ninkynonk is a very bizarre train in the kids tv show “in the night garden”. i tow my twin girls round in a burly trailer and the term just stuck to anything bike related

billyboy
    Free Member

The proprietor of a late night drinking club in 70/80’s Paddington was a German ex Hitler youth, larger than life etc, character, and he named me Billyboy………and I became lumbered with it. Then I couldn’t get a normal user name for various webmail etc sites so I just continued with it……

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Running my shop (Perfect Balance Cycles) takes up a lot of my life but it keeps me sane — most of the time.

Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Where does your username come from?’ is closed to new replies.