Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 217 total)
  • Where does your username come from 2017?
  • lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

A meta-fictional character whose name is often mis-pronounced and talks toot.

Years back a bloke on the Corrado forum started a thread with a title making erroneous offers of free bacon. A suitably outraged mod changed his screen name to “I lie about free bacon”.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

It’s upsidedown, upside down.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I used to be Bows3r, then the night of the great STW server meltdown, I was home alone, the wife was night shift, and I had absolutely no refreshments.

cchris2lou

a long time ago , i set up an AOL account , trying to use my first name , christophe and my girlfriend ( now wife ) , louise .

managed to get it wrong .

wynne
    Free Member

It’s just my middle name – given to me in remembrance of my great uncle Wynne, a man from a tiny Welsh hamlet who became a Mosquito navigator and was killed in ww2.

ajantom

It’s what the kids I taught in Thailand many years ago called me.
    Became my default online user name, as it always seemed to be free.

iainc

Did any usernames remain intact through the apocalypse of STW ? I can’t remember when I joined but my username has, boringly, always been my name and I’ve been here since I had a full head of hair 🙂

edward2000
    Free Member

Mine is my name followed by number of banter points obtained in 33 years

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Scottish Bubble n Squeak.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

as it always seemed to be free.

After my dozenth or so attempt to sign up to some site or other my user name on it is “nobodyusedthisonedidthey?”

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPqC6JQLpV0[/video]

best band in the world! 🙂

bazhall
    Free Member

Baz is my nickname and Hall is my surname

bigblackshed

Errrr, yeah…….

Oblongbob

I honestly have no idea whatsoever. I can’t remember where it came from. I’m neither oblong, nor Bob.

timber

I fell trees.
    And it is, with a dose of imagination, phonetically close to my pre hack username that was just name and initial.

breadcrumb

Got mine with a bit of random Swype’ing.

garage-dweller

I spend/t too much a lot of time tinkering with bikes and other stuff in the garage.

The master of, I’ll just change my brake pads, back in ten minutes and three hours later I seem to have built / rebuilt an entire bike or decided to reorganise my tools alphabetically excluding those whose names are divisible by 3.

My old pre crash user name was about proximity to the local trail centre which I no longer live as near.

hpil
    Free Member

when i type too quickly the lettres get mxied up.

legend
    Free Member

Needed to post a wanted ad, didn’t have an account, panicked, had been watching Legends racing…..

sofaboy73
    Free Member

My superhero name. My special power is procrastinating on sofas. The 73 is year off birth, it appears my superpowers are not unique!

downshep

Watched more Blue Peter than TISWAS or Magpie as a kid. Always admired John and Shep fearlessly doing stuff that I suddenly wanted to do.

P20

dantsw13

Mine originated from my email address. I’m a Dan, surname begins with a T, lived in SW13.

duckman

Gay flatmate decided Ducky was too camp a nickname, still had to involve aquatic birds as my second name is Donald. Flamigoman never stuck.

lunge

First time I logged in I uphad just come back from the gym and done lots of lunges. So that was the word that jumped into my head when I had to think of a name.

ThePilot
    Free Member

I registered with STW in order to sell a Scott Pilot bar and stem combo.
    Seemed as good a name as any although, if I were to choose again, I’d drop the The.
    I also think people might think I am a trolley dolly which I am not.

sadexpunk

i used to like (and still do) punk. i also like other music too these days.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Yo because I have a Yo Eddy and Kaiser is a forum name I’ve used for a while. It came from a guy from work because I have a German name. I’m think I was registered as Kaiser here too but didn’t use the forum too much and lost it after the Episode or whatever happened.

themilo
    Free Member

Mine was also from a Counter Strike obsession. The “clan” name was The Suicidal 72 just because we were so shite when we started we would have lasted longer attempting to shoot ourselves than against any half way decent opponents and were all born in 72. There was, amazingly, another Miles already on the team so I added “the” to piss him off. Used it ever since.

km79
    Free Member

KM79 is the airport code for John H Hooks Jr Memorial Airport in Rayville, United States. I didn’t want to make it too obvious so I made mine a lowercase km79.

P20

Hmmm…. mine didn’t work. Try again!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nVDUm5]Ritchey P20[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

dannybgoode

I entered a DJ competition as Danny_b and when I went on my name went up as dannybgoode – just stuck.

It’s always available so I’m dannybgoode on every forum I’m on.

myti
    Free Member

Around when I joined I was rather excited about my 1St ever Titanium bike I was about to build. Also no one had it and I thought it sounded cool.

deadkenny
    Free Member

“Oh my god, they killed Kenny!”

basically.

Was a bit of a fan in early Internets days, picked name for forums and that was that.

If I did it now I’d just be boring and base it on my name. Only it would be TJ on first initials, but then TJ Hooker reference potential.

tomhoward

Is a mockerney play on ‘Health & Safety’.

Oh, daymn.

welshfarmer

Go on. Have a guess. I bet you can’t get it 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Go on. Have a guess. I bet you can’t get it

You had your heart broken by a farmer from Merthyr Tydfil, and you chose that username to remember that to feel as bad as you do, just meant that at one time you felt so good.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was ‘Screw352’ before the great hack, (prison ossifer & epaulette no.)

I seemed to remember Essel Gruntfuttock being in the Goon Show but I can’t find any evidence, so I must’ve made it up!

I might change my name to ‘exscrew166’

ahsat

ahsat = tasha

Normally I’m ahsatb, but I joined stw when just starting to go out with p20 (10 years ago now) and decided to make it slightly more complicated for him to work out who I was and dropped the b. Don’t think I’ll make a spy!

chestrockwell

Boogie Nights, just as my retrobike one Brock Landers.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Where does your username come from 2017?’ is closed to new replies.