Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Where does your dog sleep at night?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

My Border is 10 months now. He’ll happily sleep in his crate for as long as we leave him at night. He’s been in for 12 hours without a peep and quite happy. However when we leave him for a couple of hours in the day he barks and howls though he doesn’t chew or anything else.

Am thinking maybe it might be time to let him not sleep in crate and then he’ll happily spend a few hours in crate in daytime if needed.

Where does your dog sleep at night? Am I just asking for trouble by changing a secure nighttime routine that he is happy with?

Junkyard
    Free Member

wherever it wanted to.
    Also only barked and made noises when it was alone- so i was told.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

One on a beanbag in my daughter’s bedroom. The other in a chair at the top of the stairs. Unless there are foxes about, in which case no one sleeps…

mattbee

On his bed next to ours. Used to be downstairs until he worked out he could open the bedroom door, which he used to do at around 2-3am when he thought we’d not notice. Gave up trying to keep him out.

theotherjonv

Downstairs in the kitchen but with free run in there, which is also where we leave her when we’re out.

+1 to foxes though.

colournoise

On his bed in our bedroom.

tenfoot

Downstairs in the kitchen/diner.. She started off in a different room in a baby pen type arrangement, and quite often we wouldn’t hear from her until 7, 7.30 am. Since we moved her, she’s up at 6.30 scratching at the kitchen door to be let out. Been like it since October half term. She’s still only 7 months old, so we’re hoping she’ll start lying in when she is older.

ton

on the sofa on her blanket.

the-muffin-man

Our Border roams the house, but isn’t allowed on Sofa’s, so the lounge door is closed.

He has his own chair in the dining room, but generally sleeps on an old beanbag on the floor in my daughter’s room. He’s not allowed on beds.

ton

in here in the daytime

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PVWqUw]2017-01-14_12-17-37[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

alexxx
    Free Member

She used to sleep in a crate and loved it just fine but my heart melted when we let her sleep on the bottom of the bed one night as she was the happiest dog in the world.. Now me and the misses are split up and I get dog custody 2/3 months a year she has free reign of the house like any spoilt child!

She sleeps here..

or here..

sometimes here..

and here

and when shes not sleeping usually the same places..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

downstairs

Basket or floor

Keep routine

dudeofdoom

Shitsu on the stairs or on bed in cage or bed in passage.
    Springer on our bed or his bed in our bedroom.
    Mad Spanish guard dog thing on our bed.

If it’s really cold thou it’s doggy pile ons on our bed otherwise they seem to alternate sleeping spaces thru the night.

I just tend to see how they work most started as puppies left in crate(got big crate though) with gate open on evening not encouraged onto my bed and I’ve got a few of the nice pillow type dog beds scattered about the place.

+1 for foxes and full moon seems to make go a bit weird an the

fin25
    Free Member

My wife is soft as shit, so one sleeps under the covers in between us and the other at our feet.
    It is not my favorite part of having dogs.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

On their beds by our bed or if I’m out then on our bed.
    +1 for foxes though.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Kennel outside.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Our border sleeps in her bed in our bedroom. During the day if we need to leave her she sleeps in a bed in the kitchen.

phil40
    Free Member

Kennel outside, it is fully enclosed and in a sheltered part of the garden, it is stuffed full of rugs and we change the straw in it once a week! She runs outside at night when we tell her it is bedtime!

She is from working dog stock though, and the breeder advised that she would prefer being outside! Out neighbours also keep their working labs outside.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Working cocker, outside in the stable where she has a large wooden ‘box’ with her bed in it.
    She loves her bed and comes to me all excited at 10pm with a shoe which means it’s bed time.

Edit: Same as Phil ^. I think working dogs that have been brought up sleeping outside just love it regardless of the weather

yunki
    Free Member

By our feet

sandboy

Our Beardie sleeps outside in his kennel even on the coldest nights!! He has lots of warm bedding and a very insulating coat but hates being forced indoors. The breed is noted for its stubbornness.

Clink

Lab and westie both in cages in the kitchen. Never hear a peep unless my wife gets up and lab starts whining. If I get up first don’t hear a thing.

spacemonkey

On our bed(s), in monkey jnr’s den, on the landing, on either of the downstairs sofas.

All of the dogs since I was a nipper – bar the one owned by my posh ex – have been given free reign around the house. They’re furry children (unless they’re working for their keep)

Ringo
    Free Member

Both my dogs sleep in one laugh crate. There very happy in it.

acidtest
    Free Member

Night time at the bottom of the stairs, during the day one of her 3 beds, 2 in the living room and one in the kitchen. The only time she’s allowed up stairs is when she’s bricking it cuz of fireworks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Downstairs in utility room (closed door to kitchen) on a http://www.tuffies.co.uk

As others have said working dogs should sleep outside, my neighbours dogs didn’t ever go in the house. Our dog was a “show” Lab so we where a bit soft with her.

ThePilot
    Free Member

She used to sleep in her basket next to my bed but then she made it onto the bed and now sleeps under the covers snuggled up to me.

siwhite
    Free Member

Our border has the free run of the place, so wherever he likes. He often starts off in our bed (under the covers until he gets too hot) and then jumps down and goes somewhere else. He’ll often come back to bed at some point though. I’d not have it any other way…

bruneep

At night in kitchen in his crate with crate door open. During the day anywhere he fancies mostly chasing the sun around the room

rone

Border in kitchen, on sofa in her own bed.

Sometimes we let her upstairs if fireworks etc.

anagallis_arvensis

I have a Lurcher she sleeps where ever she is!! Spends days when Mrs works in kennel outside. Used to sleep in it at night too until anagallis junior arrived and she used to bark when he cried so she moved inside onto the sofa. Now she splits her time between sofa, bed in spare room and juniors room.

funkmasterp

Newfoundland – she sleeps anywhere downstairs, but isn’t allowed upstairs (has great difficulty getting down again) and spends roughly 99% of her time asleep. This time of year when we have that heating on she spends most of her time sprawled on the patio to keep cool

chakaping
    Free Member

He’s got a little bed next to ours.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Working English Cocker Spaniel that sleeps either in a cage in the garage, or if it’s too cold, then a cage in the utility room.

She’s far too mad to let her sleep ‘on the loose’ in the house, 😆

CheesybeanZ

All three in crates in the utility room , they all disappear off too the crates for power nap when they feel like it . Utility door and back door have dog flaps so they have access to the garden .

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Wherever they want. Free to roam the house.
    Their actual beds are in the hallway outside our room.

househusband

Separate crates in living room; one large and one medium but as the puppy grows we’ll have to make space for two large!

funkmasterp

What did you do with their eyes Cheesy? 🙂

Beautiful looking dogs, what breed are they?

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Mine sleeps on the table. Tends to stay there all day too!

CheesybeanZ

What did you do with their eyes Cheesy?

Beautiful looking dogs, what breed are they?

Soft coated wheaten terriers , believe me they can see a cat/ squirrel at 200m with out a problem 😆

We did plait thier fringe for the Christmas party sausage race .
    r

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Where does your dog sleep at night?’ is closed to new replies.