Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • where does one purchase 2nd hand air-rifles?
  • jekkyl

as per thread title, they’re banned on ebay, very little on gumtree. Where does one get one from?

tomhoward

Big Dave, round the back of the Coach & Horses. Don’t ask questions.

Airrifletrackworld classifieds?

Jamie
    Free Member

Somewhere, a green light has just flicked on at GCHQ.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your friendly village gun shop, of course.

andyl
    Free Member

worth trying your local shooting club or clay range as they might have a shop or know someone.

Should be an air rifle magazine out there somewhere.

z1ppy

Local air gun clubs? Though a m8 just advertised one via FB ..

thomthumb
    Free Member

gun shop.

http://bechaplin.co.uk/contact/

if you’re near winchester.

jekkyl

& what’s the legality of shooting rabbits on public common ground ❓

RustySpanner

Where do you live?
    Couple of excellent gunsmiths round here if you’re in the North West.

How much do you want to spend?
    What’s it for?

If you let me know I could see what they have in.

tomhoward

what’s the legality of shooting rabbits on public common ground

not sure, but this chap never had much luck.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thomthumb, I was in that very shop a few weeks ago, as it happens. Very friendly little place.

jekkyl

I’m in north staffs, live twixt stoke & stafford.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

You could always try Gunstar
    Not sure of the rules in England, but in Scotland airguns cannot be sent to your door – they need to be sent to a registered firearms dealer who will charge around £15-£25

barkm
    Free Member

guntrader.co.uk

This was a passing fad of mine from many years ago when I lived out in the sticks, consequently, I have a BSA Lightning XL Tactical sat in the garage gathering dust.
    Would love to get rid of it, but ‘getting rid’ is apparently a massive pain, unless I accept derisory offer form local shop.

fwiw I bought mine from an air rifle forum classifieds section (can’t remember which)

sbob
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

& what’s the legality of shooting rabbits on public common ground

Very illegal.
    Why the **** would you want to?

rusty90
    Free Member

what’s the legality of shooting rabbits on public common ground

Strictly illegal, maximum penalty of 5 years imprisonment! It must be private land on which you have permission to shoot.

godzilla
    Free Member

Pigeon watch, gun star, guntrader.
    Pellpax will deliver one to your door.

jekkyl

I see! ty rusty.

natrix
    Free Member

Once you’ve registered and become a member on airgunbbs.com you can buy and sell airguns through their classifieds section.

rusty90
    Free Member

I bought mine from an air rifle forum classifieds section (can’t remember which)

[url=http://www.airgunbbs.com/index.php]AirgunBBS[/url]? You’ll need to be a member to access the sales section

rudispanner
    Free Member

as per thread title, they’re banned on ebay, very little on gumtree. Where does one get one from?

Try http://www.guntrader.co.uk, good place to start. It’s illegal to purchase air weapons mail order (although it has only become so very recently) – you can only buy them over the counter from a Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD), or obviously if you buy one privately. You can order an air gun mail order, but it cannot be delivered directly to you, it has to be delivered to an RFD for you to collect.

& what’s the legality of shooting rabbits on public common ground

In England at least, there’s no such thing as “common land” – all land belongs to somebody.

If you want to go shooting rabbits, you MUST have the landowner’s consent otherwise you can get in big trouble.

If you don’t want to go through the rigmarole of getting an FAC, your rifle must be producing less than 12 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle. If you buy your gun from an RFD they should chronograph it at point of sale to make sure that it’s legal; if you buy one privately, you should get it chrony’d as soon as you can. If it’s even a SMIDGE over that, then it’s classed as a firearm and you need an FAC. There’s no leeway on this limit either, and carrying an unlicensed firearm in public carries a mandatory 5-stretch.

See the BASC code of conduct HERE

cranberry
    Free Member
    jekkyl

cheers rudi.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘where does one purchase 2nd hand air-rifles?’ is closed to new replies.