Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • where do you see bike technology heading? mtb's & road.
  • jameso

As far as mainstream MTB and road goes, more technology for the sake of it/sales is what I see coming. MTBs are going electronic sus already and gears will be very soon. More integration, apps, settings and faffery on the way ) The Trek Domane is good to see, not sure about the execution but more passive suspension in general would be useful. More integration like the Cervelo s5.

A nice 5-spd super-direct feeling wide-ratio rohloff-quality hub would be good. More development of cable discs maybe. Better bikes for real adventure / out-there use. The Honda mech-in-a-box – make that work for a 1×11 range and I’m in. I can see some high hurdles in that though.

Wider hubs, pivotless shock absorption, lighter more MTB/CX crossover approach that can handle drops and tech? I own a bike of the future! 🙂 and it looks like a 50’s/postie’s bike.

You can keep your 1.8s tho. I see much wider acceptance of heavier but wider rims and tyres before too long, on anything without bags of travel anyway.

firestarter
    Free Member

Spoony just relooked at your figures while not being half asleep they weren’t too off 😉

Euro
    Free Member

I’m all for technological advances in producing bike bits, but i’d not be wanting any electric magic working my gears or suspension thanks. KISS!

singlespeedstu

what like a rohloff

Mick.

Been there, done that.

I’d like a gearbox that doesn’t give the sensation of pedlin through treacle in the lower seven gears and constantly have to go back to the manufacturer for new bearings.

I’d love to try out the Pinion gearbox though.

firestarter
    Free Member

Touch wood no problems with mine and I’m usually pedalling Thur treacle like mud anyway

Frame mounted gearboxes sound good, maybe with an empty box option to allow the same frame to be used for single speeding, like swapping rear wheels from Rohloff to SS.

Hub gears and belt drive are the future. 😉

As soon as someone makes a cheap, light, reliable hub gear and cheap belts and pulleys in a full range of sizes, it should all take off.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

The gradual phasing out of external bottom brackets in favour of nice durable internal ones that last years ad years

Titanium rotors

Hydraulic gear changing

Narrower bars with more rise and a slight back sweep of about 16 degrees

Integrated brake and gear hydraulics do the bike changes down under braking.

Shaft drive

Dig s###t warning devices

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘where do you see bike technology heading? mtb's & road.’ is closed to new replies.