Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Where do you guys and girls get your bearings from these days?
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Give me some recommendations please. Not interested in eBay cheapos.

Should I give Enduros a go this time?

bencooper
    Free Member

Simply Bearings. Lots of choice from cheap to expensive.

Moses

I use a combination of a compass, the landscape and the sun.

hairyscary

That made me chuckle.

deadkenny
    Free Member

+1 Simply Bearings.

But I also use Superstar for my headset bearings, and sometimes Katec, depending on price and what Simply has available.

Just look for 2RS stuff and avoid stainless steel (as much as you’d think these are better for anti-rust, they are softer and wear quicker. Just don’t hose down your bearings and apply loads of grease around them).

Branded or generic, I’ve had same results for the same spec bearing. Yes even with Katec (sorry Kaesae 😉 ). Though Katec does Enduro bearings for a reasonable price so sometimes go with them. Not sure he does his special magic to them as they seem to be in sealed packs in the box.

robhughes
    Free Member

Here you go.Can’t be beaten on price and quality.
    kael_shawnasae@yahoo.co.uk

scotroutes

I just go straight to Katec. Never had any problems with the bearings or the service

darrenspink
    Free Member

Moses – Member
    I use a combination of a compass, the landscape and the sun.

Cheers Mo 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks all, anyone use MB? Most local company to me.

robhughes
    Free Member

Just use katech.That’s it really.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Local bearings factor. Cash sales mean best quality at low prices.

drlex
    Free Member

How about ”the roundest balls you can buy without a military licence”?
    Also: Enduro!

(Another simply bearings customer checking in)

Ambrose

I use my local bearing supplier,

http://www.bearingsuppliersltd.co.uk/

Brilliant people who are really helpful.

Northwind

I use katec too- used to always buy named brands (lol FAG!1!) from Simply but tbh Kaesae is just cheaper, for pretty much the same results, can’t see why not. Also he is a total zoomer and STW legend and I feel like we should support that.

(I used to mostly buy Koso because I liked the packaging, they came in nice wee cardboard boxes that reminded me of 80s matchbox toys. Well it’s not like we can make a really informed decision about bearings, is it?)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

QBikes were good for me

Onzadog
    Free Member

Depends what for. Pivots – katec for enduro max. For my hope stuff, hope ina bearings. Not really any more expensive and readily available. In my experience, stainless last longer for me as its normally contamination that kills mine rather than wear. I can clean and regrease a bearing on Saturday ready for Sunday if the shops are closed. Stainless clean up better.

TheSanityAssassin

Huddersfield Bearings (who also sponsor the CVMBC) are very good. Get all my replacements (incl. Enduro) from them.

blairc70
    Free Member

Aire Bearings at stanningley are pretty close, if they haven’t got your sizes in they will order them. Think it was Matt who I dealt with, he’s a keen cyclist.

sirromj

Have used bearingsrus, simplybearings, superstar, mbbearings, which depends on the bearing required and who has it and who has it for best value. whether i go for enduro bearings or skf etc depends which way the wind blows.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ta all.

sv

Midland or Simply Bearings, I personally found Kasae to be rude and offensive and best avoided.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Bearing shop of course! Got one about 1km away.

windyg
    Free Member

I recently used QBikes for my Anthem frame bearings, they look exactly like the stock bearing set.

LoCo
    Free Member

KATEC

scruff
    Free Member

BETD.

rickmeister

Kaesae at katec.

Great bloke with some helpful how to replace bearings series, on youtube

wrecker
    Free Member

Katec. Reliable, good prices.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Where do you guys and girls get your bearings from these days?’ is closed to new replies.