Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • where do you go to buy wheel bearings?
  • westcoastmassive
    Free Member

Hi, Ive got a mavic crossride rear wheel with a bit of play in it, tried tightening it up but it went notchy so im guessing the bearings have seen better days. Do any of you have a go-to place to get wheel bearings from, and do any of you happen to know the codes for one of these or can you point me in the right direction to find the codes myself? Any help would be appreciated.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You need two SKF 6001 2RSH bearings, which are pretty easily obtained. IIRC http://www.akbearings.co.uk sell them.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Some useful info here too
    HELP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    westcoastmassive
    Free Member

ive been told that the ones im looking for are 6001 2rsh, and 608 2rsh… can anyone confirm that that sounds right? a company called simply bearings can do them for about 4 or 5 quid each, does this sound about right to any of you that know about these things? their (very good) website are giving me sizes that certainly sound like theyre in the right ballpark, but you know how it is when youve never done something before and youre just not sure… (btw, if anybody thinks im being cheap here, i would get an lbs to do this, but i live on an island so i havent got an lbs!)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Personally I get themfrom forth engineering has they keep a stock of common wheel bearing of good quality at reasonable price or The Bike Chain depending where I am nearest / where I am going

bigyinn
    Free Member

As long as you quote the correct bearing reference you should get the correctly sized bearings.
    If you read the link to the Mavic website on my link it should list all you need to know.

mrmo
    Free Member

have a look on ebay, got some on order for a campag hub, £13 for 4 sks bearings.

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

bigyinn, thanks a lot for loading all that up for me, thats a big help and ill have a good look at it tomorrow. tandemjeremy, ill investigate your leads too. cheers guys.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Make sure its a decent branded one. SKF, FAG are two brands I remember the name of.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘where do you go to buy wheel bearings?’ is closed to new replies.