Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where do you get your kids cycliing kit from?
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Was trying to buy the lad a water/wind resistant jacket some longs and some gloves yesterday, I found a reasonable jacket and some longs in the end, but only 1 option of longs on Wiggle Ronhill, and 1 jacket really again Ronhill, a pair of gloves that was a reasonable price from CRC (gloves is the easy bit).

Surely there must be more options out there without breaking the bank, what are your kids wearing to ride in through winter?

Lad is 9 but pretty big, so bought 11 year old stuff… hw can grow into it!!!

stumpyjon

Try Decathlon, lots of own brand, reasonable quality cheap stuff, lots of kids stuff.

tinsy
    Free Member

good call they got padded shorts I would like to get him at £7 and he can try em on there..

rolfharris
    Free Member

We have some in our shop from a brand called Chiba, they're quite old but may be worth searching for them?

rig
    Free Member

I'd support Stumpyjon – Decathlon's pretty cheap but the quality is OK.

Just the thing for growing kids.

nuke

Another +1 for Decathlon

Tracey

These do very good kids stuff, used them alot as ours were growing up

http://www.polaris-apparel.co.uk/category-6609/Childrens.html

Tracey

Bunnyhop

And another vote for decathlon.
    They often have things in the end of season sale, which you can grab for next year.

ji
    Free Member
    ojom
    Free Member

we had a lady in who ordered a dawes bike for her 4 yr old. she then asked for SPD pedals and shoes for it when she came to collect.

Obviously we do not sell such things as 4 year olds shouldnt really be cutting about in SPD's… she then declined to purchase anything because of this.

(in theory i should know this but…) does anyone know of a brand that would make a shoe small enough for a 4yr old AND an SPD pedal that had a child's bike thread on it? I can't think of any.

Thought it was me just being a bit aloof as i dont think it appropriate to let a 4 year old ride SPD's but it may be that there was no way of helping the lady anyway.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where do you get your kids cycliing kit from?’ is closed to new replies.