• This topic has 34 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • where do you get changed?
  • thefallguy
    Free Member

I come off a typical winter/summer muddy ride, walk into the kitchen where I leave a trail of muddy footprints, then peel off my gear into the washer shedding yet more filth.

What I want to know Is there a better way of getting into the shower and not needing to get the mop out (and without scaring my neighbours)?

clunker

In the garage if the wifes in, the hall if shes out 😆

GJP
    Free Member

In the shower – but I live in a flat so all on the same level or sometimes in the communal hallway

40mpg

In front of the bar at the pub, then cycle home in warm dry stuff (they’ve got used to us doing that now, although it sometimes surprises the non-regulars).

If I miss last orders, strip in the garage and leg it inside before the neighbours see, although theres no-one about that late anyway.

djglover
    Free Member

In the garden. I’ve nothing to be shy about 😉

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

In the garage

taxi25
    Free Member

If I’m realy muddy my wife hoses me down out the back garden (saves rinsing of my gear before it goes in the wash) I’ll strip of down to my undershorts putting everything in a black bag.All done in view of my neighbours who think its hysterical in mid winter.

MrNutt
    Free Member

next to the busy road, I like to show off.

Wally

My wife and often offspring hose me down in garden with freezing mains water.
    They find this very therapeutic.

thefallguy
    Free Member

after a cold ride i don’t have much to show off about!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Take shoes off at the back door.

Stand on an old towel in front of the washing machine, strip off and put clothes and towel into washer.
    Walk to shower.

Next question please! 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

shoes, jacket and trousers/shorts off in the car leaving me in almost spotles (although very smelly) under-shorts and base layers.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sometimes in the shower and sometimes in the conservatory

crazy-legs

Same as FoxyChick except I take my shoes off at the front door…

gator
    Free Member

Stand in an IKEA big blue bag

Drop dirty cloths in to it !

ton

back garden
    wife n daughter hose me down.
    it is like doing the elephants at the zoo…

carlos
    Free Member

At the back of the car where ever it’s parked, I’m not proud and have nothing to hide. Strip of down to undershorts, chuck all the gear into a bag get re-dressed and go home dry and clean. Then just chuck the contents of the bag in the washer.
    Had an odd experience the other night in Marple though, got back to the car and started to strip when a red Merc pulled up with one male occupant, we both just carried on as you do, stripping to the undershorts, bagged all the gear and got re-dressed. As we left so did he???

Carl

rich-6
    Free Member

Normally at the Trail centre, taking tights off changing tops always gets folk looking 8) its like theyve never seen anyone covered in mud before

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I remove the muddy outer layers and put something clean-ish on before getting in the car. Of if riding from home, do the business in the garage where I left clean-ish clobber.

I still get yelled at. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

get changed outside the car once the ride is done. Muddy clothes in a bag, I’m clean and dry.

And then switch the heated seats on for the drive home. Sweeeeeet…

GW
    Free Member

I come off a typical winter/summer muddy ride, walk into the kitchen where I leave a trail of muddy footprints, then peel off my gear into the washer shedding yet more filth.

It’s honestly never crossed your mind to take your shoes off at the door?

😕

ebygomm
    Free Member

It’s honestly never crossed your mind to take your shoes off at the door?

You’ve never got so muddy that you leave muddy footprints even after you’ve taken your shoes and socks off? 🙂

thefallguy
    Free Member

I usually have just washed my bike off outside and tried to wash the worst off my shoes, socks and legs so even when i take off my shoes and socks water is still running down my legs.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Walk to shower.

photographic evidence please :o) [including bending over to pick up socks etc if poss]

colnagokid

In the hall, then carry manky clobber through the house dropping mud etc. everywhere!

carlphillips
    Free Member

im forced to do the walk of shame through the house after stripping off in the garage, the Mrs giggles as i walk past most times, 😕

mrsflash
    Free Member

stand in ikea bag, as poster above.

Oggles
    Free Member

I used to just walk straight to the shower seeing as we have a cleaner, but realised it was inconsiderate to my flatmates. So I take my shoes, socks and (baggy!) shorts off outside, throw into a bag and take them to rinse in the shower. The bike sometimes has to come in muddy though 🙁

Nick

Ikea bag is good, I like to strip and hose off in the garden, might even get a cold water shower set up eventually.

takisawa2

Waterproof seat cover from Aldi so drive home in gear (less boots), then usually strip down to undershorts on the drive.

matt_outandabout

We did up our house a few years back – the hall has a 6′ long stretch of ‘door mat’ material wall to wall for exactly this event – if I ever do up a house again it will have the same, or some tiles/wood that can be mopped.

Stoner
    Free Member

if truly filthy, then strip outside the back door and staight into the “sluice room” which I built last year for just such a purpose…

I reckon I could get the bike in there too…. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I generally shed the mud onto the train seats on the way home

BigDummy
    Free Member

My back door leads into a utility room with the washing machine in it and the hose outside. Hose down, shoes off, in door, strip naked, everything in washing machine, wander on into house, realise wife has guests over, wish knob was bigger, upstairs to shower.

😉

Pook

stoner, hwo do you stop your loo roll getting wet?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘where do you get changed?’ is closed to new replies.