Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Where do you find your motivation?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve been struggling with motivation for a few weeks/months now, I’m not talking motivation to ride or get out of bed more the motivation to get work done/revise/pass exams/climb the ladder. It’s not something I’ve struggled with in the past I just feel like I’ve lost sight of what I’m trying to reach so looking for what keeps people going!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Caffeine alcohol and people shouting at me.

fasthaggis

My Dad.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dazh

I’ve never had it. I came to the conclusion a long time back that I’m just a lazy b*stard. I generally need a kick up the backside to get anything done. Every time it happens I curse myself for not getting whatever it is done sooner, but I never learn.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ve felt similar for a few months now. Going through a heavy planning phase at work, where I’m having to input lots but with no real outputs to show for it. The thing that keeps me going is knowing that every minute I devote to the inputs, it’s one step closer to seeing some exciting things happening down the line. Keep on keeping on is the only thing you can do!

TheBrick
    Free Member

To some extent I get more done when I’m busy. WHen I’m not busy I will sit and say. I’ll do that later.

Book a time to go for a ride with a mate, revise with a mate whatever then you will be committed.

Not that I take this advice as the only ridin I did last year was a one week short tour of Wales.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Imagine what you would want people to say at your funeral – my eulogy for my late dad forced my wife and I into taking on new challenges.

RustySpanner

The fridge. The mirror.

djambo
    Free Member

The possibility to retire at 40 years old.

jekkyl

Just roll another one and worry about it some other time.

Rosss
    Free Member

STW pulls through again, glad I’m not alone in this!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I consider what the younger and older versions of myself would think.

geologist
    Free Member

Depression?

It comes and goes – two businesses and the motivation for either can be present/lacking at the same time, or split between the two.

Motivation for riding is generally dictated by one of the two above jobs.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s sitting on the couch opposite crunching **** ice cubes. If I didn’t go out on the bike I’d be in prison for murder.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I don’t most of the time- when it comes to 6th form work anyway. I think I’m just bored of school in general. I need to do it to do the course at Uni that interests me, but getting there is a bore. Eg. I’ve had more than eough work to do this holiday but have so far done none of it. You’re not alone.

Always got motivation for training though, be that in the gym or on the bike.

jimmy

A Puffer entry

geologist
    Free Member

I have loads of motivation for the things I love, family, bikes swimming etc. I hhave had no motivation for my job for along time now. To the point where over the last 6 months, I feel it has been making ill. I am now half way through my escape plan so taking major action to sort this part of my life out. It will be a 50% pay cut, but there comes a point in life you realise money is not everything!

Good luck

Kryton57

By not longing for any more than I am – which took me a long time to accept – and by knowing everything I do is either for, or is an example to my kids. Both then are a reason to better myself.

My 5yo hangs my finishers medals on his bedpost which makes me quite emotional. It makes no difference to him, but I’d really love a winning trophy for him to use as an endeavour to aim for.

I also have a personality trait that pushes me to want to be seen as “successful” and finds it hard for me to accept that I’m actually average although maturity is mellowing this a bit.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Damn it! Threads like this make me feel awful! It’s like the redundancy thread, both send a chill down my spine.

I was made redundant once and it took 9 months to find another job.

My motivation is pure and simple.

Fear.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Where do you find your motivation?’ is closed to new replies.