Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Where do you do most of your MTB'ing?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I like to do most of mine from my house but sometimes get bored of the same trails and like to explore new places and go the the occasional trail centre. I know some folk who will only go to trail centres. What about you lot?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

North Downs & Surrey Hills

yunki
    Free Member

outside

james
    Free Member

Probably the dark peak. I think I’m getting bored of it, though surely that cannot be?

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

100% in the Lake District (never ridden my Mountain Bike anywhere else)

98% Natural trails, only ride on the purpose built trails to join the traditional bridlepaths together. Not through any partiuclar ideal just riding the best trails that are available.

Simon

Most of my rides start from home.

ThePilot
    Free Member

In my head 🙂

Jase
    Free Member

Home (Woburn)

jedi

herts shore/skills area 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

North Wales, it has everything.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

On the Internet.

twohats
    Free Member

In the spare room.
    Work, kids, house move, weather, life has got in the way, so a pull of the brakes and a squish of the suspension in the spare room is as much as can manage for the moment…

lowey

Rivington. My back garden.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Woburn, and mostly on my bike.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Glentress, Pentlands, Linlithgow area, Union Canal, back garden! 😀
    Oh… West Highland Way will be added this year! 😀

dekadanse
    Free Member

Most from my door at night after work, using local tracks and bridalways ; at weekends localish but need to drive there (Thetford and Rendlesham Forests, Alton Water) ; hols or weekends away (South Downs, Wales various, Stretton Hills/Long Mynd, Sierra Nevada hopefully this May.) What’s great about travelling round the UK by car, for work or pleasure, is to have the bike in the back, and park up and explore a likely looking trail you just happen to see – opportunist riding! So most of my riding is ‘natural’ trails and paths/woods – though I suppose parts of Thetford could be said to be a trail centre.

kennyp
    Free Member

About half in the Pentlands, and the other half at assorted other places round Scotland.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Lake District…Its rubbish really,you would hate it 😉

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Mostly the lakes for me.Even though I live 45mins-1hr away by car.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Innerleithen, fantastic riding…best 7stanes XC route, some of the best official DH trails in Scotland and some fantastic off piste stuff across the valley.
    so lucky to have it just down the road, would be even better if I actually lived there mind.

andytherocketeer

The forest where I ride starts at about 7min30 riding time over there –>

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Tend to cycle from my house to grizedale, do a few tracks round there and cycle back. Havent been anywhere else for some time.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

loddrik -MemberNorth Wales, it has everything.

+1

sweepy
    Free Member

lucky enough to live near cairngorm. plus I make a point of taking the bike whenever we go visiting or on holiday to get a day to myself on whatevers at hand

scaredypants

California

not that I go very often (fortnight each summer and that’s not all riding) but I don’t do much at home, one way & another.

Not strictly true, of course – I do more hours in a year around the new forest but in terms of “proper riding”, way more over there (and it’s pretty close even measured in hours)

poor me 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d say …50% Yorkshire Dales & the other 50% between around the doors, Lakes & Scotchland.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

On the hills behind the house (Mendips). But the best bits are a short drive away.

There is enough in summer, a bit more restricted in winter. After 5 Mendip rides in a row I do feel the urge to ride elsewhere. An hour’s drive to the Qs usually. Hour and thirty to Exmoor. Very occasionally I can be bothered to cross the water and hit Wales.

I’m planning a mini road/camping trip before Easter so hoping to visit: Beacons, Gower, Brechfa, Doethe, Long Mynd and Malvern, one day at each place.

amt27
    Free Member

FoD

DickBarton

In my head…

RoterStern
    Free Member

Sometimes I ride here.

Or here.

But mainly here.

montylikesbeer

from my front door into the superb rossendale hills in east lancashire, love the place

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Derbyshire with the occasional foray elsewhere.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

All my best riding is:

On the internet!!!

Spaceman – whereabouts are you?

Ambrose

Beacons. Less than a mile from my door.
    Which is nice 🙂

banginon

mostly Drumlanrig, but occasionally some stanes (was at Dalbeattie this evenin) and there’s plenty local off piste up in the Lowthers and along the coast.

It’s nice to get to the lakes or wales or up the highlands every now and again but living near Dumfries is pretty darn fine for trails and good folks to got out pedalling with.

saxabar
    Free Member

Until recently was South Wales but now from my doorstep in Bangor, North Wales (having moved). I’m still exploring, but happy to see flippinheckler and loddrik say it has everything.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Sweden 75% Ireland 25%

sefton
    Free Member

west Pennines, rivington, belmont, turton, darwen

psling
    Free Member

Another lucky one here – straight into the FoD without even touching tarmac so most of my riding is here. Often travel into Wales for miles of natural riding but have visited loads of places to ride over the years including many rides with fellow STWers in places like Woburn, Thetford, Yorkshire [remember Shatfest?], Scotlandshire, etcetera, etcetera. [Strangely never Siam/Thailand though, despite that last bit 😆 ]

deep_river
    Free Member

Ludlow (Bringewood/mortimor forest)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Where do you do most of your MTB'ing?’ is closed to new replies.