Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • where do I take my 3 year olds to ride?
  • oxym0r0n

Trying to to find somewhere to take the family at half term (not too far from the southwest) with some family riding (flatish but a bit more interesting than just a straight previous railway track). Eg something similar to the family trail at Holden. The girls are fairly confident at steering/braking but have not yet got the muscle strength for anything more than a very gentle short uphill.

Thanks 😀

Esme
    Free Member

“Not yet got the muscle strength for anything more than a very gentle short uphill”
    Nor me 😳

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Bike Park Wales Badger Trail

igm

Sherwood Pines

Edit – ok not really in the south west, but fairly southern

harrytoo
    Free Member

Plenty of nice wide and flat options on the quay in Exeter.

Depending on how strong they are you can safely get to double locks without going near a road, have a pint and a play in their park before returning the way you came. Finishing with iced cream on the piazza.

As they get stronger and more capable there are plenty of options to extend.

Alternatively for a bit of an adventure park at Exton, ride to Exmouth (<4 miles) along the cracking sustrans route and get the train back, however there are some quiet road sections on this route and a few hills that will require walking. Did this with my four year old the other day and she loved it.

Always interesting things on both routes to see.

oxym0r0n

Thanks folks – will prob do the quay as a day trip at some point, as there is clip and climb to visit too.

Will check out the other 2 a bit more…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘where do I take my 3 year olds to ride?’ is closed to new replies.