Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where Do I Get Maps or GPX's of VTT Routes In France (In Particular Riberac)
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Going over there in a few weeks and taking the HT.

I know it’s not the Alps but there looks to be plenty local woods and trails to explore and according to the FFC web site they have 88 routes in the area ranging from green to black grade !

I’ve e-mailed them and the local tourist board but there’s been no reply so far.

This is all the info’ I can get off the FFC web site, which is the area, the number of VTT routes and the area code:

Montagrier in Périgord 88 24350 Montagrier

Interesting one though… Google mountain bike routes in Riberac and you get a link to Issue 11 of STW !!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well if you Google in English do you really expect to find get French results !

excitable1
    Free Member

Well I’ve done some searching and it turns out there’s a VTT centre 7k from our gite 😀 !!!

They also do a guide book for all the routes which I could do with getting hold before we get out there so that I can choose a route and plot it.

So I’ve contacted the centre who’ve been great and I have to pay for the guide (12 euros), which is fine. But, they will only accept a cheque which will take days to get there and then it will take days to get the book back. I’ll be back home before I get it !!!

So, straw and clutch and all that. Anyone got a copy of this that they wouldn’t mind scanning in and sharing:

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Online maps here:

http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil

You can scale right in to IGN detail. Brilliant.

excitable1
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s useful but it doesn’t have the VTT routes on it (that I can see). This guide has them in apparently.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

No, but they’re accurate, so if you printed them off (or bought the local IGN map when you’re out there) at least you wouldn’t get lost when exploring.

leffeboy

I’ve used things like gpsies before to get routes in gpx format but often the local tourist office has a list of routes and maps and they are usually better

neilthewheel

This site can be useful – haven’t looked at your area specifically but it had lots of rides where we are going and many had gpx files attached.
    http://www.vttour.fr/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where Do I Get Maps or GPX's of VTT Routes In France (In Particular Riberac)’ is closed to new replies.