Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Where did you ride this weekend?
  • MrNice
    Free Member

pondo – Member
    Tour of the Peak – man they like a hill up that way! Winnats Pass and Cat Fiddle, touch day for a porker like me but weather was lovely, really enjoyed it.

theonlywayisup and I did this too. Thought I was going to die on Winnats – everything after that felt (relatively) easy.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A make it up as you go along ride at Guisborough forest/ highcliff and up on the Yorkshire moors.
    Yesterday a jaunt round Dalby red with a few of the black bits. The climb up from the car park was a mad house but then I only saw one other Person on the route, quite surprising really.

Garry_Lager

Cracking ride round the Peak, rode some new trails – amazing weather.

toby1

I didn’t even touch a bike, I had a grim cold all weekend and was streaming snot most of it, joy!

Still got to commute in this morning and about to ride home in the sun now – life could be worse.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I won a smart new jersey and a shiney medal for riding my bike 😀

Houns

Walked down Minton batch, was begging for my bike!

hjghg5
    Free Member

66 mile club road ride* in the Dales. Gorgeous weather for it and some spectacular views.

*I say club ride, but it was a select group of me, my OH and one other bloke who knew the route (we didn’t).

bol

A wonderful weekend of Welsh trail centre fun on my new Kinesis Sync. Started off at Climachx on Friday evening, then a full day at Coed y Brenin and finally Llandegla on Sunday morning before the long journey back to Norfolk. The weather was amazing, the trails dry and fast and I was having so much new bike love that I think I rode the best I have in years. I spent the whole weekend feeling like a very lucky boy indeed.

siwhite
    Free Member

I managed to sneak away from the house renovations for a couple of hours for a blue/red/blue at Swinley. Arrived at 8am and the car park was getting full! Great ride until I was back on the blue when I snapped the chain and broke the back plate on my new zee mech. Rode the last bit singlespeed which was surprisingly entertaining…

SOAP
    Free Member

Here

And here

It was rubbish .

sargey

Long mynd for me,really busy must have 10 other bikes and some clowns walking down minton batch 😉

househusband

A 66km loop in the Cairngorms from Calvine; up Glen Bruar, over the Minigaig and down the Gaick. Feared the rain that was forecast but we remained dry apart from wet feet from river crossing – and there was ‘some’ trudging with bicycles…

transporter13
    Free Member

Chicksands on Saturday with my 7 year old son.
    Was fun watching him ride the dh course

jezketley
    Free Member

Weekend started Friday evening with a few hours at Aston Hill. Followed by 8 o clock start at Swinley, which I hadn’t ridden this year. Quick loop of blue, then more leisurely loop of blue and red, sessioning a few sections. Plus, a quick early morning 20 mile MTB loop from home in the Chilterns with a mate on Sunday. Lots of great riding plus plenty of time spent with family in my sunny garden.

joat

As pondo, MrNice and the onlywayisup (oh and Martin Johnson the mahoosive rugby player), I too did the tour of the peak. I didn’t think I had done enough training. I was correct. Didn’t mind Winnat’s but was short on sugar on Holme Moss and the headwind from Glossop was a barsteward.

tomj
    Free Member

Had to work the weekend but at least it meant I had Friday and today off. Friday went to the Dales – Horton to Littondale then over Horsehead Moor. Made the schoolboy error of think ‘it doesn’t look that far on the map’ so headed up the road from Buckden to Hawes to pick up the Cam Head Road and Pennine Bridleway back to Horton. That climb almost broke me! Today did Cutgate.

Two days of almost perfect riding on dry dusty trails. Friday I met just four walkers. Today a few dog walkers round Langsett and a couple of riders at the top

Garry_Lager

joat – Member

As pondo, MrNice and the onlywayisup (oh and Martin Johnson the mahoosive rugby player), I too did the tour of the peak. I didn’t think I had done enough training. I was correct. Didn’t mind Winnat’s but was short on sugar on Holme Moss and the headwind from Glossop was a barsteward. Did you go down and up that steep wee valley road at Ewden – saw loads of sportive riders on that road yesterday (I was huffing and puffing on my MTB going the other way). Guys I saw were putting their backs into it – seemed a fit crowd.

MrNice
    Free Member

Garry_Lager – the long route might have gone that way (joat at least was taking the long way round) but the short one didn’t. Some of the finishing times/speeds on the long route were *very* impressive

where’s your photo taken? feel like I should recognize it

joat

Not sure, a lot of it was new to me.
    “seemed a fit crowd”, probably not me then 😳
    We had bright pink numbers on if that helps.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Chain gang where I got dropped like a dog on Saturday, leisurely pootle on the MTB with the missus on Sunday where she managed a slow motion somersault.

Luckily she is a good sport about these things.

Dreading tomorrow’s chain gang. Nothing worse than knowing you’re onto a hiding before you turn up. Welly nothing worse than not turning up I guess.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Lunesdale Populaire audax around the Lancs/Dales border.
    100 miles/8200ft of climbing & a cracking route 🙂

slowoldman

Threshfield and Malham moors, Weets Top and beer at the Angel, Hetton.

mcnultycop

Up to Hebden from Oldham on the roadie. Felt good so had my first crack at Cragg Vale. Got all 116kg of me up there. 60km all in, the 40km in Saddleworth the next day hurt more.

On t he roadie as my front brake needed bleeding on the Canyon. Just done that, so MTB next weekend.

Simon

Spent a few hours on Saturday messing about in the sun on Ilkley Moor followed by a pint at the Cow and Calf.

retrobri
    Free Member

Couple of rides in the Chilterns on the newly built swift. One solo and the other sharing trail knowledge with neighbour.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Early start? I’ve only ever attempted it on school days, and very nice it is too.

out the door at 6:15am. Top of Skiddaw by 8:30am having gone around Lonscale first.

Only slight problematic walkers were those on the railway path back up to Threlkeld at the end.

Garry_Lager

MrNice – Member

Garry_Lager – the long route might have gone that way (joat at least was taking the long way round) but the short one didn’t. Some of the finishing times/speeds on the long route were *very* impressive

where’s your photo taken? feel like I should recognize it That’s Back Tor in the Peak above Derwent.
    It was pink numbered folk I saw out on the sportive, sounds like it was a glorious day for a v hard ride. That climb out of Ewden looked like a bstard to me, but maybe it was only moderate relative to some others on the route.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

QECP for Cyclefest on Saturday – rode up, then tested 4 different bikes before marshalling at the Enduro. Decent finish there Davosaurusrex – I was too timid to enter the race, and I know 3 of 4 stages pretty well! Rode most of Stage 3 (carefully) back to the finish in time for some free beer, then a lift home for midnight.

Rode back up on Sunday to tidy up. Caught up with mates who had been camping – apparently they got to bed at 4:30ish! Took a Genius LT down Stages 2 and 3, then stooged about on my own bike soaking up the sun and the atmosphere before heading home for tea.

Fantastic weekend – and with 110k done I can pretend it was ‘exercise’.

br
    Free Member

Just over 35 miles on Sunday, including all the singletrack in Yair Forest and 3 summits made it 5000 ft.

Sat here planning Wednesdays night ride 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Followed a few of the pink arrows in the Peak to test my bikepacking rig. I’ve never see so many people pushing bikes.

williams
    Free Member

Oops double post

eightyeight
    Free Member

You’ve ballsed that up bud.

Btw, I’m a southerner who lives in Manc and I don’t know the Peak at all. If someone want to show me some routes one weekend I’d be very grateful.

tomaso
    Free Member

In Dent Friday for biking beer and pie. Camped over with Postie-come-lately-rich.

Went to Wolves to see sister and niece and my old local.

And picked up a cheap road hack to commute on

br
    Free Member

Followed a few of the pink arrows in the Peak to test my bikepacking rig. I’ve never see so many people pushing bikes.

Folk who’ve gone 1×10?

Gilles

Any picture of pork scratchings should be banned from this forum.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Where did you ride this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.