Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Where can you buy nice framed prints (for hanging on walls) ??.
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m needing some nice and reasonably priced pictures/prints in frames, to hang around the house (don’t have very many at the moment). Can anyone point me in the right direction, either online or otherwise. I think Ikea do a range of affordable prints and/or frames, but don’t recall being that thrilled with what they had last time I went (long time ago). I’m struggling to think of anywhere else to visit and/or browse online. Any tips, thanks.

grum
    Free Member

http://www.grahamwynnephoto.com/?page_id=53

🙂

I don’t usuall sell them framed, but you can buy quite nice and cheap frames from The Range with mounts already in.

I can do framed, but it would cost more than you want to pay. 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My wife wants to change some of ours, a mixture of oils and prints. Some originals and some shop bought. Can probably sort you out some if you are interested. I think there are about half a dozen different ones she is bored of, including the ones stored. What sort of sizes and subjects?

The originals are mainly landscapes and the prints are abstract. We have a couple of Dagar that are still life’s, one is apples and the other is pairs. We had them on the stairs which amused me. MrsWCA didn’t see the cockney humour so they are in storage.

What sort of sizes? We have stuff from 30cm square up to 5 foot square.

Email in profile if you want photos. Based in Southampton if you want to collect.

I will need to check with MrsWCA which we are keeping

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I also know a professional picture framer on the Isle of Wight who will do pretty much any frame type you like from drift wood to plastic to chrome

skink2020

I’m a picture framer. What would you like?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Pretty Pictures

Mine are a bit more spendy than Grumms, but I print on really posh paper 😉

Trying to get myself sorted out for a Christmas promotion which brings prices down a wee bit. Can do mounted and framed, but that can get very expensive (especially if you like BIG prints)!

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I thought mine were a bit cheap! I tend to only sell the bigger ones TBH, but if I did sell the smaller ones much it would hardly be worth it. 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I was thinking more along the lines of modern(ish) art prints, as in Hockney type stuff and the like. Not really sure, but not really wanting photo landscapes. Grums alps/mountains stuff is very nice to view, but not what I had in mind, besides I’ve got plenty of quality negs/prints of me dangling from ropes in awe inspiring alps settings, which I’m not really that interested in displaying round the house, other than in my kit room.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Grumm – I entirely agree. I think my last one was a 40″ x 30″ and went for a few hundred quid 😉 That was a special commission though – mounted, framed and delivered. It was absolutely enormous!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – there are loads of really nice prints out there, and even some original work for decent prices. I can’t remember the sites off hand other than Red Bubble, but a google search is your friend 🙂

Got a few Jane Glue paintings on my walls (http://janeglue.co.uk/) which I rather like, but I have a sentimental attachment to much of her subject matter 😉

marvincooper
    patentlywill
    Free Member

[url

seven
    Free Member

sorry for the hijack, but Grumm and Capt.K, do you actually sell much from your sites?

Seems a very competitive market

vorlich
    Free Member

Google Guy Sargent for some really nice photography at reasonable prices.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Most sales are commissioned work and weddings, then some stock… then a few sales here and there.

I really need to get my arse in gear and put stuff into shops/cafes/pubs.

aP
    Free Member

Athena?

But more seriously I have a dozen Ian Hamilton Finlay that I want framed by someone decent in west London. I had one done by an Edinburgh Gallery that is currently detached. I like floating mount but it seems not to stay attached.
    … Thinking about it, a couple of Richard deMarco signed prints that I’d like framed as well.

grum
    Free Member

sorry for the hijack, but Grumm and Capt.K, do you actually sell much from your sites?

Seems a very competitive market

TBH not an awful lot. You need to put quite a lot if effort in to sell prints – get an exhibition together and move it round different venues etc.

Got a few good commissions through it though.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I tend to buy watercolour prints from the tourist shops when on holiday. bring em home, frame em.
    makes a change from athena tennis girl scratching her bum. or Ikea

MrNutt
    Free Member

This, is fantastic, tasteful too:

I could put you in touch with the artist if you like?

somafunk

I’m looking for an original painted with oil on canvas similar in style to a rothko or even a high quality rothko print may do but i can’t find anything that gives that WoW! factor.

MrNutt
    Free Member

my stuff (oils on canvas) has been compared to Rothko, if you’re anywhere near N.Devon feel free to drop in and have a look at them.

arthural
    Free Member

I’m not sure if you are looking for prints or paints? These guys offer ready prints mounted on the frames http://www.my-picture.co.uk/ You can ask if any of your friends have some nice landscape photos. Photographers usually have plenty of images that are left on HDD’s and not used.

somafunk

MrNutt : Fraid’ not, i’m 400 miles away in scotland. D’ya have a website?.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Where can you buy nice framed prints (for hanging on walls) ??.’ is closed to new replies.