Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where can you buy a fridge these days?
  • midlifecrashes

Spent half the day yesterday trying to fix, then ripping out an integrated fridge from my kitchen, went round the usual shops (Currys, Argos, Wickes, B&Q) trying to buy one. Not possible, they can order one for you, I wanted to hand them some folding and put it in the back of the car so I can get the kitchen back together pronto. IKEA seems my only hope, but that’s a ninety mile round trip. Any other ideas?

the-muffin-man

Find your local Euronics shop?

May cost a bit more, but usually independent shops.

http://www.euronics.co.uk/?gclid=CNTk_-zN9sgCFUcUwwod_AEM5g

sandwicheater

AO.com

nemesis
    Free Member

AO do same day delivery IIRC and I’ve found them to be good the last few times I’ve used them.

Cougar

John Lewis perhaps?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

+1 for AO

dknwhy

I’ve had 3 appliances pack up recently – used Currys for the dishwasher and after my delivery fiasco, vowed never again.
    Used AO for the fridge-freezer and washing machine. Excellent both times. I’ll always use them from now on.

squirrelking
    Free Member

The bigger Currys barns will most likely have them ready to go.

Boots and AO are the same place, sometimes a couple of pounds difference but you get Advantage points from Boots that more than made up the difference.

And also local retailers like Euronics, Co-Op electricals if you have one.

footflaps

+1 for John Lewis, but all our white good there.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I reckon it’s worth spending a day or two to get the right model. Surely you can wait that long for a cold beer?

hugo
    Free Member

AO is worth it for their superior, non asshattery, delivery.

John Lewis, also for their service.

Worth spending a *few* extra quid to save much messing around.

midlifecrashes

Good call on Euronics, a couple within easy reach. I’ll ring around and see if they hold stock. I’m after one today, so I can get the end panels and plinths back on and sort the mess out, so don’t want to wait for delivery. AO site said three days for the model I like the look of. If Euronics haven’t got one I’ll leave it until tomorrow and get one from IKEA as I’m going to Nottingham then anyway.

euain

Costco?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Another vote for AO (used to buy all white goods from John Lewis but having been let down on last three attempts to buy goods from then – and then supplied with a damaged hob which they wouldn’t replace or repair – I’ve given up)

brassneck

Another AO purchaser – bought a range and a fridge from them in the last year, am impressed.

John Lewis have been getting a bit of a time of it in the Guardian consumer pages recently for not living up to their own promises. Sounds at least partially like being a victim of their own success.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Selfridges?

phiiiiil

We tried to buy an oven from John Lewis last year; after they delivered the wrong one the whole thing descended into total farce. As far as I know from their last communication they’re still searching the warehouse for ours and will deliver it any day now. A total shambles.

We went to a local Apollo 2000 and walked out with an oven half an hour later.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where can you buy a fridge these days?’ is closed to new replies.