• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mr_C.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where can I sell unused tile adhesive?
  • bash
    Free Member

Just finished the bathroom and I have two bags of tile adhesive left which the shop won’t take back. Both are decent and unopened, any ideas where I can sell them (they were £18 each). eBay doesn’t seem the right place due to weight etc.

Cheers,

coxy17
    Free Member

If you are married i would keep it.Cuz she will only want it done again next year.

cbike
    Free Member

For stuff like that freecycle it and be glad they collect it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Agree – youd have to be giving it away and even then im likely to still buy it from the shop.

Shadow
    Free Member

Try a local tiler, but they may not want it for the same reason as the tile shops

lazybike
    Free Member

I fear you may be stuck with it……IGMC

toppers3933
    Free Member

I need some. Where are you?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Where are you and what is it?

Tom83

Why wouldn’t they take it back?

bash
    Free Member

I’m in Manchester, it’s one 20kg bag of Norcros Rapid Porcelain and Stone Tile adhesive and one 20kg bag of Norcros Thick Bed Stone and Porcelain Floor tile adhesive.

They’ve both been stored in my dining room and are about 3 weeks old so it won’t be clumpy and knackered. Not looking for much for them I just hate wasting things. The shop just said they don’t take returns on powders as they don’t know where they’ve been etc, even if it’s a full sealed bag!

Konastoner
    Free Member

Bash, their fobbing you off.
    The bag will have a protective lining to ensure shelf life and gurantee transportataion / storage condition, as long as the bags are unopened and not damaged they have to take it back if you have the origional purchase receipt. However they can insist on store credit instead of refund, trading standards website has all the info you need.

bash
    Free Member

I’ll give their head office a ring in the morning to double check. It’s not as if I ordered it per se, I just gave them the dimensions of the area I wanted tiling and they ordered up everything else inc the adhesive.

Mr_C
    Free Member

they have to take it back if you have the origional purchase receipt

Why?

A retailer is only obliged to take back goods if the product is not as described, unfit for purpose or of unsatisfactory quality. From the OPs description it is none these, they have simply bought too much.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where can I sell unused tile adhesive?’ is closed to new replies.