Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • where can i get weighed?
  • kimbers

for shock tuning purposes i dont own any scales and i dont plan to buy any

and i think i need a more accurate measurement than ‘slightly podgy round the middle’

johnners
    Free Member

Boots or somewhere like that usually have coin-operated scales.

chakaping
    Free Member

Someone else’s house?

Not being facetious, but most people do have scales.

You’re welcome to pop round and hop on mine for example.

porter_jamie

go to the vets and pretend to be interested in buying something, and use the big scales they always have in the corner, normally go up to 100kg, in 0.01kg

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Generally weighing yourself involves standing on scales. If you don’t fancy splashing out 15 quid in Boots, then just try them out in the shop without buying. Alternatively you could do it in the comfort of your own home and afterwards return them with your receipt for a full refund.

HTH

montylikesbeer

hire a 30 tonne earth digger, go to a weigh station, weigh the 30 tone digger with you in it , jump off and weigh it again, subtract and bob’s your uncle !…………..got the idea from watching blue peter in 70’s (god bless val singleton)

allthepies
    Free Member

PeterPoddy operates a weighbridge I believe.

Bewdley Medical Centre has got a set of scales right by the door before you get to the reception desk, if you’re passing.

spooky_b329

Plank of wood, a brick, lots of 1kg bags of flour?

But then why do you need to know your weight? The tables are often out anyway, I just adjust air pressure to get the recommended sag.

Cougar

Best way to get weighed is to go to a cwub and pwy a young wady with dwinks.

kimbers

im paying to get my shock setup by mrloco so i want to get it right!

wwaswas

speak your weight machine.

If it says ‘one at a time please’ you know you’ve got problems…

igmc.

kimbers

just to update everyone i found this in the chemist on my comute in

McHamish
    Free Member

Girls can get wahayed for free usually…weighing on the other hand costs 20p.

chakaping
    Free Member

Shall we have a sweepstake on how heavy you were?

I’ll go for 12st 13oz.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t keep us all in suspense!

(btw are you talking about custom damping or just setting the air pressure?)

Flaperon

For shock tuning purposes you should be dressed in your normal riding gear, with a Camelbak filled with water… which will certainly get interesting looks in Boots!

Junkyard
    Free Member

18st 6 oz

Trying to see if calling him fatty helps speed up his response 😉

pjt201
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member
    For shock tuning purposes you should be dressed in your normal riding gear, with a Camelbak filled with water… which will certainly get interesting looks in Boots!

but what about the end of the ride when your camelbak is empty? then your shock won’t work properly anymore! (i think what i’m trying to get at is a few kilos difference either way won’t make much difference).

kimbers – Member
    im paying to get my shock setup by mrloco so i want to get it right!

Not sure the exact weight will matter, as you don’t put all your weight through your forks and different people will distribute their weight between the front and back wheels differently. Also, your weight distribution between the front and rear will also change depending on terrain.

kimbers

14 stone bang on which is quite a lot as im only 5’8

i was dressed in my riding gear including spd shoes and helmet but no backpack

though not my dh stuff which probably weighs more ah well ive sent it off now

soobalias
    Free Member

pjt201 – dur! unless you empty your camelbak on the floor, you have drunk the water so you are heavier and your bag is lighter, but combined you are the same.
    To get best use of your shock, you should avoid sweating, breathing heavily, urinating or dropping the kids off at the pool, mid ride.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would have thought 14st is a bit more than ‘slightly podgy round the middle’ 8)

kimbers

in my defence
    have just had our first baby so
    only been on 3 mountainbike rides since august!
    breast milk is very rich 😆

xiphon
    Free Member

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘where can i get weighed?’ is closed to new replies.