Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • where can i get the tiny screws for SLX shifter windows?
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me where could I get these screws from please? Only after 2 of them as swiching back to the window option.

Cheers

Daz

bigjim

Well I can’t answer that, but may I hijack your thread with a related question :oops:, does anyone know if spare bottom covers for SLX shifters are available? Mine has disappeared and can’t find them aftermarket online…

creamegg
    Free Member

mine disappeared, and were off for more than 2 years. still worked perfectly fine despite the internals being exposed to all that mud, grit and water.

Now replaced with XT which have a much nicer feel. If I have spare screws ill send them on. will check tonight when I get home

jedimaster
    Free Member
    bigjim

Ah no I mean the whole bottom cover of the shifter. Those screws might be the ones you need for your shifter window though?

jedimaster
    Free Member

creamegg if you could post me some I would be very grateful 🙂

jedimaster
    Free Member

yeah, but it’s only one left in stock and it comes with only one screw 🙁

creamegg
    Free Member

ill mail you leter

kilo

have you tried the little grub screw on shimano road brake shoes? looks similar in size

jedimaster
    Free Member

kilo, unfortunately I don’t have any shimano road bike shoes lol

timbur
    Free Member

Think I’ve got a pair of SLX windows in the shed. Will go see if they have bolts or not.

kilo

jedimaster – Member

kilo, unfortunately I don’t have any shimano road bike shoes lol

Not sure if we’re at cross purposes it’s the little screw shown on these;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-br-6700-r55c3-cartridge-type-brake-shoe-set-pair/

you might be able to pick up some gash ones at your lbs

br
    Free Member

In my spares box, about 4 sets of them – can’t really understand why anyone would be putting them back on?

northernmatt

If all else fails I may have the shift windows off mine with screws that you can have for postage.

jedimaster
    Free Member

B r, I didn’t need them, but the shifters are on my Dad’s bike now and they will be pretty useful to him 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘where can i get the tiny screws for SLX shifter windows?’ is closed to new replies.