Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where can I get Formula hub spares?
  • hypnotoad
    Free Member

I need to acquire one cups that sits between the bearing and the fork dropout on my SL1240 front hub, as I’ve damaged the cup on mine.

Does anyone know where I can buy one from?

Are there any other brand spares that will work?

I’ve already ruled out the Hope Pro 2 hubs, the bearings are totally different size.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

All I know is that trying to get freehub bodies for cheaper Formula hubs is totally impossible.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I can’t help you to source any but I can help you with where not to source any.
    Although we, at Silverfish, distribute a brand called Formula it is completely unconnected with the Formula wheel company used by many brands OE.

As such whilst I can’t really help I can save you a call or email to us I’m afraid.

As you can probably imagine we deal with this a lot!

scotroutes

Try Hotlines (through any LBS)

Northwind

PeterPoddy – Member

All I know is that trying to get freehub bodies for cheaper Formula hubs is totally impossible.

Halfords can get them- or used to be able to, at least. They cost £6. Very slow though.

It’s a shame Formula (hubs) don’t have a better network tbh, everyone’s used to the fairly rubbish cup-and-cone ones but the cartridge ones I had (that Orange use too) are really pretty decent. Heavy but good, and silent.

gazc
    Free Member

as above halfords got my freehub body for a formula hub that came on a voodoo. took about 5months to get it in mind…

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll give Halfords a go, I’ll take the wheel in and see if they can order it in. I’m not in a huge rush for the part, the wheel is still usable.

It turns out Formula hubs are nothing to do with Formula brakes, so this leads to a few red herrings on google. However I did find that the Salsa enabler front hub is the same thing as my SL1240, so I may try getting hold of someone who can get Salsa spares.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It would be probably faster, and more practical, just to put a Shimano hub in the wheel to be honest.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

It would be nice, but it’s a 135mm wide front hub, it’s the same thing as the Salsa Enabler hub, AKA the Conversion Hub, it looks exactly like this without the Salsa logo:

http://salsacycles.com/components/category/hubs/enabler_front_hub

Now I’ve found a shop in the USA selling the end caps I need:

http://www.bikeman.com/HU8879.html

$25 for the caps, but shipping is also $25, so they’re available, but it would be nice to find someone in the UK who has them or can order them in.

deadkenny
    Free Member

If you’ve got the time, patience and wizard skills to do a wheel build, yes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

EBC’s Revolution bikes use cheap Formula hubs, and sell some spares for them (well freehubs anyway).

Might be of help to someone.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get Formula hub spares?’ is closed to new replies.