Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • where can i get avid floating rotors or compatible
  • oli2001
    Free Member

i’m running avid elixirs on american classic hubs with fox float post mount forks (185 size) i’ve been advised that hope are not quite right, that superstar rotors will foul the forks and that avid floating rotors are the way to go. never seen ’em as aftermarket upgrade. have you?

JonR
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/can-i-use-hope-floating-rotors-with-avid-brakes

I run Hope rotors with Avid Elixirs and whilst I’ve only just fitted them they seem to work fine after being spacered out with the washers they come with. I’d have thought that because Elixirs have the variable brake pad position you could run them with just about anything provided you get your clearences right.

njee20
    Free Member

Avid don’t do floating rotors, they do a 2 piece rotor like Shimano, but they’re not floating. They’re extortionate, I’d avoid.

Here for the bargain price of £58.49 each.

KCNC rotors are £15 and lighter than any floating rotors. If you want bling then Ashima do coloured steel rotors. Considering you’ve now asked on 2 forums why not just get the more sensible option that is cheaper and guaranteed to work!?

rustler
    Free Member

Getting Hope saw-tooth floaters on my Juicies to work involved dremmeling away bits of caliper, & was a faff I’ve avoided with my Elixirs by using the G3 rotors, which are as light. I’ve seen steel rotors with painted centres, cant remember where though. I actually prefer the look of the G3 rotors now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘where can i get avid floating rotors or compatible’ is closed to new replies.