Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where can I get an adaptor for a post fork to take my IS caliper
  • Hedgehog
    Free Member

Help ! I think this maybe a no go but a try !

My current old time front Deore 555 IS caliper on a 160mm rotor is fine however im changing the fork from the On one carbon IS to a Reba.

Yup the Reba is post. is there such an adaptor ?

plan B is two new LX calipers and discs to match… Man maths may come into play. but im try to keep this cheap !

foxyrider
    Free Member

My Neighbour has old deores and running them on Reba's so yes. He has 160's they bolt directly onto the posts i.e. take off the IS mount and use the bolt to bolt it onto the post?

Opps sorry I thought the M555 were like teh M525 – hmmm they are already IS mount calipers – hmmm

Hedgehog
    Free Member

The calipers are not post. Old IS only. not mount to take off. ala 2002.

Olly
    Free Member

im guessing the problem is that the old deore brakes, like old hope brakes, are IS only, not with an adaptor.

IF an adaptor existis (its a big if) it will cost 10-15 quid.
    for the sake of 20 quid you could get a replacement caliper that has adaptor mounts and save yourself the hastle

30 quid gets you a whole brake if you go with hayes nines….

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh would a M525 Caliper fit then you would be sorted?

what about this:

Linky

Hedgehog
    Free Member

if I could find a Deore post caliper ?
    I would.

But so far can only find LX, so new rotor too !

STATO
    Free Member

if you get and adaptor youll need a bigger rotor to (its the way it works for IS calipers on post mount forks). If your happy to bleed the brakes then a LX caliper will work fine with your current lever and rotor, not sure about the hose tho, might need a new one of those too (shimano hoses are fixed at the caliper end so a differnt caliper fittment means new hose needed).

Hedgehog
    Free Member

Foxyrider, thats for the other way round. Post caliper to an IS fork.

yup stato, Im starting to think LX. thats the only way. will work lurvly if the rotors are the same. just found some calipers AND rotors on CRC ! £24 done !

Ta guys !

foxyrider
    Free Member

deleted as Im talking cr@p again!

Sorry Hedgehog – get my facts straight first !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get an adaptor for a post fork to take my IS caliper’ is closed to new replies.