Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • where can i get an 05 gemini DH rear axle from?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

i need a rear axle for the above bike in 12mm flavour because the frame i just bought has a bent one.

does anyone know anywhere i can get one from..?
    thanks

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

New bike! Getting back into your DH, mate?
    Have you tried the Cannondale importer?

peteimpreza

"Have you tried the Cannondale importer?"

Don't bother the **** in Holland are usually spaced out on dope. if you can actually get through to them.

You are better of talking to your local dealer.

Try here if also.

My LBS/'Dale dealer

carlphillips
    Free Member

SM- yeah picked one up a little while ago, been going up woods/gawton with dan/jules for a while now, loving it!!! i may pop down tomoz to see you lot race in the mud..tis pretty bad here still.

pete, cheers i'll look into my local dealer.

solamanda
    Free Member

Try a local hardware supplier. I've bought standard 12mm bolts to use as axles.

carlphillips
    Free Member

sola, one end is ovalised i think so i doubt that would work unfortunately.

Kuco

The gemini rear axle is slightly ovalised at one end so it's got to be the right one.

Rickos
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Would this be why my rear wheel always felt loose? Never did fathom out why and thought it was the wheel. Let me know what it costs and I'll paypal the cash back to you.

carlphillips
    Free Member

rickos, maybe, the drop out that is ovalised is pretty much messed up mate, making insertion/removal of the axle very difficult also the rear wheel is slightly out of alignment, i'm hoping that this isnt the propblem, cos if it is it'll be new swingarm time and i'm sure i don't want to pay out for one, i havent been able to use it yet!!!

if the drop out/swingarm is goosed i'll get in touch. my local dale dealer is going to take a looksie at it.

dogmatix

I've got a gemini DH and cannondale have always told me to order through dealer, for me that has either been evans or CRC. Evans seem to need pictures from the manual in order to get the right part. It is ovalised to create a stiffer backend. I think the guy above was right though, I think they must put special leaves in their tobacco as parts normaly take a week or two to come.

Also, if it runs with a manitou six way shock highly recommend getting it shimmed and tuned by TF as it runs like a dream after.

And…. how the hell did the guy manage to bend a 12mm axle? Have you made sure the swing arm is ok? Can't have been on the bike when he did it surely?

carlphillips
    Free Member

yeah I know its hard to bend one, and its why I'm now thinking its more the drop out really…hoping its really not though after just getting my rear wheel dished for the back end yesterday 😥

Rickos
    Free Member

Previous owner had the derailleur side drop out on the wrong way round, so that may be it. Unless it's the non-drive side that's giving the problem…

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

if its just a bolt through orange make loads of axles. we had to fit one on a commencal mini downhill and they fixed us up. might be worth a try?

joe x

dogmatix

FMH what part of it isn't fitting right or making you think it is bent? I am assuming you know the drive side of the axle needs to be turned to the right angle in order to slot in because of the ovalisation? Did the guy that sold it to you tell you it was bent?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘where can i get an 05 gemini DH rear axle from?’ is closed to new replies.