Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where can i get a "true temper steel" decal?
  • mrclean
    Free Member

Bloody hard to find – im respraying a true temper ox platinum Kona explosif and to be honest the only graphic i actually want is the seat tube decal.
    hardly bigger that a postage stamp iv phoned a couple of guys i know that make up vinal graphics and they said by the time its scanned and reproduced it'll look shit!

gutted! any ideas? or anyone got some?????

Sam

As true temper are now out of business it could be tough. generally such stickers are only available with a tubeset anyhow so that people can't just stick them on any old thing.

mrclean
    Free Member

yep thats exactly what i thinking – im onto a losing hunt i recon! just wish the origional decal wasnt under laquer or id peel the thing off and revive it!.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

iv phoned a couple of guys i know that make up vinal graphics and they said by the time its scanned and reproduced it'll look shit!

If it's scanned then cleaned up in Photoshop/Illustrator etc, then it might look ok. Maybe the guys you 'phoned just don't have that sort of facility. Mind you, a decent reproduction would take a little while.

mrclean
    Free Member

yeah im not to shabby with photoshop myself but not exactly up for the job i cant even find a decent sized image other that this:

anyone up for a pet project for cash?

TheDoctor
    Free Member

As true temper are now out of business

No they aren't! ❗

mrclean
    Free Member

megatank! excellent,dont know how i couldnt find that! i blame google chrome not my incompetancy!!! honestly

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

mrclean; that wouldn't be too difficult, depending on how accurate you want the reproduction to be. Scan it in, then enlarge the document to about 6×5" or so, so you can see what you're doing, then find a similar typeface for the text, and trace the other parts out with the pen tool, to create a nice sharp vector. The stars and stripes bit would probably pose the biggest challenge.

TBH that's a couple of hours work to get it spot on, and the cost would be ridiculous really.

mrclean
    Free Member

ah i see what you mean – i almost definately dont have the time or patience

but thanks for helping me explore the possibilitys! much appereciated!!

yet if anyone would give me a price for the job i'd be interested!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I'm bored and hungover. I'll do it for a donation to charity. Seem fair?

mrclean
    Free Member

very much so! but how will we get it actually printed to vinal?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well that's your bit! Can't do everything for you!

I'm not going to go mental and produce a totally accurate copy, as that really would take ages, but I'll do you a reasonable version, for a donation to Petesgaff's charity. Deal?

Sam

Hmm, well that's interesting Tank, just going on what I heard in bike trade news a while back and what my factory have told me about tubing supply.

speaker2animals

Isn't the new Blue Pig X being made in True Temper OX?

Splash-man
    Free Member

So what colour is it going to be Mrclean when you have finished with 'my' frame ? 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So do you want a version done then, or what?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Apparently you can get inkjet decal paper for model making purposes or craft purposes here so the image that has been posted could simply be printed onto the decal paper & applied onto the frame under the lacquer. Probably more like the original than being done on vinyl. Simples innit?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where can i get a "true temper steel" decal?’ is closed to new replies.