Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • where can i get a sram front mech spacer?
  • sadexpunk

bought sram front mech off the classifieds a while ago but it came minus the spacer that takes it down to correct diameter for seat tube.

its a moots YBB so 31.8, and the mech has 34.9 stamped on inside of it. so basically its the spacer between those 2 sizes.

ive got another sram (x-gen?) mech (broken unfortunately) and would use that spacer, but its not compatible as it has a sort of triangular lug built into it, whereas the one i want is completely smooth.

also tried packing it with the rubber strip you use between bike lights and bars, but that worked like a bag of sh*t 🙁

anyone know where i can source the right jobby?

thanks 🙂

sadexpunk

its an X9 btw. looked around and i can only see x-gen adaptors, so maybe looks like they dont do them, and it has to be the exact size 🙁

Eldrik
    Free Member

Which SRAM front mech is it? If it’s an X9 mech, both the top pull and conventional versions come in 31.8 or 34.9, I think, so there is no spacer as you need to buy the right size.

sadexpunk

yeah looking like i messed up then and should have made sure it was a dedicated 31.8 :-/

ah well…………back to the classifieds 🙂

sadexpunk

this is my mech. its a top pull as the cable comes in at the top i take it. but is it top swing or bottom swing?

househusband

I made a front mech shim a few years ago using a USE seatpost shim; they do one that is OD34.9 and ID31.6?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘where can i get a sram front mech spacer?’ is closed to new replies.