Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where can I get a pair of women specifc waterproof shorts?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Just trying to prepare for the quick approaching winter riding and quite fancy a pair of waterproof shorts – but I can't seem to find any women's specific ones anywhere…

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

cinnamon_girl

Gore Alp X – try Wiggle, Minx-girl etc.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks CG, that's great. I was completely at a loss! Do you happen to know how they come up size wise?

keyses2

I've got some of the Loeka DH ones from chain reaction cycles

cinnamon_girl

Well, unfortunately they seem to be more suited to lycra underneath 🙁 Size-wise, mine say 38 European/M USA, and I'm a size 12 so they fit fine. Feel very unobtrusive too. Was concerned at first about the knee length as I would have preferred 3/4 length but reckon that with knee length there is less chance of snagging them.

If you do a search on here, there was a thread about the Army Goretex ones that are sold cheaply. I bought some camo ones from Denbigh Army Surplus but they are men's and don't fit very well.

Also check out The Gore Store online.

Bunnyhop

I too have the gore alp. The sizing seems to be on the large side.
    If I remember correctly You'll be needing a bit more give around the waist 😉

ART

What CG said. The Gore ones are good & worth the money. I'm also a size 12 – M fits fine. Debbie at Minx girl will sort you out. 😀

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that's great. I'd never come across Minx-girl before but it seems like a very cool shop. I've ordered a pair of the Gore Alp X and a pair of the Loeka for the drier (fatter!) days too.

Thanks again girls and just to warn you – I'm about to post a similar question re winter mtb shoes – you're all so knowledgeable you see 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get a pair of women specifc waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.