Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • where can I get a nut for shimano wheel axel?
  • jeffdoran
    Free Member

I seem to have lost the nut from my front axel whilst servicing the hub. it is the one on the outer side the axel, external to the cup cone complex and washers. I.e what the qr tightens against.

can’t find it anywhere and the only obvious replacement I can see is a whole axel? anyone have any suggestions? they are mt65 wheels

ta

foxyrider
    Free Member

LBS is best bet otherwise they can order you one from Madison – unless they have some old hubs going for spares – I am afraid I don’t have any sorry 🙂

jonb
    Free Member

sjs cycles often have this type of thing but they’ll charge more than it’s worth in postage.

If you go onto the shimano website you can get the technical documents for the hub, work out what the part number is and then buy it online somewhere. I’ve managed to do this in the past.

Alternatively someone might have a spare. From an old set of wheels?
    If you find me a picture I can have a look in the “box of bolts” tonight. I normally keep a few bits from old wheels for just such problems.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The last one on the axle?

HERE

The serrated lock nut?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘where can I get a nut for shimano wheel axel?’ is closed to new replies.