Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where can i get a Crank Bros Candy rebuild kit from?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

For their early pedals?

This type of pedal:

This rebuild kit:

Plenty for the newer style pedals, but can’t seem to find the above.

Ta

ajantom

This guy – The Hub Doctor – makes his own kits.

I had this problem a couple of years back with some original Mallets was basically informed by the distributer (after they had kindly emailed CB in the US) that they no longer produced kits for older pedals, as ‘They only have a limited lifespan.’ Their advice was to suck it up and buy a newer model!

Anyway, these kits are fine, and have kept some of my CB pedals going for a few years longer.

I’d also get some aluminium endcaps like these – End Caps – and never again will you have to dig out and destroy the plastic ones with a screwdriver.

qwerty
    Free Member

Ah – ok – i’d seen him on ebay but thought i could get from UK. I have around 7 pairs in various stages of play, so may give him a go, or buy some Time pedals. Cheers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ajantom

I seem to remember that he was happy to combine orders and reduce postage last time i ordered from him.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I just switched to time pedals

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, any Time or Shimano dealer will provide you with what you need.

Pedals you have to service or rebuild? Sod that for a game of soldiers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shimano won’t give you what you need, hateful crappy things…
    I think the old distributors were 2 pure. Anyway the updated version is very good, easy to service and updated internals. Spoke to the reps in Aus this weekend,they had just taken them on as they were happy that the issues were well behind them and the latest versions (out this year) were worth carry was a product.

br
    Free Member

As above, any Time or Shimano dealer will provide you with what you need.

Pedals you have to service or rebuild? Sod that for a game of soldiers.

+1

3 sets of Candy’s in a year and all let me down on rides – replacement 540’s still going strong 3 years later.

ajantom

Why do these sort of threads always descend into people giving unhelpful suggestions about other brands! We’ve made a personal choice, why get annoyed about it?
    Personally I think CB pedals are great. Excellent mudclearing, much nicer float and feel than any other brand.
    I can happily put up with a bit of maintenance every couple of years. 10ish years of CB use and not had a single failure 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah Ive got a set of those candies in the spares box, did about 6 years with no maintenance. Had a play on the new Mallet e this weekend too.

If you can’t get a kit upgrade to the new candy.

peteimpreza

“Why do these sort of threads always descend into people giving unhelpful suggestions about other brands! We’ve made a personal choice, why get annoyed about it?
    Personally I think CB pedals are great. Excellent mudclearing, much nicer float and feel than any other brand.
    I can happily put up with a bit of maintenance every couple of years. 10ish years of CB use and not had a single failure “

This + lots

gribble
    Free Member

Hi OP,

I have three pairs of CB Candy and one of the egg beaters. Happy to give you a pair or two for spares/repairs, just let me know. I can post if you can cover post costa or meet in London.

Email should be in profile.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where can i get a Crank Bros Candy rebuild kit from?’ is closed to new replies.