• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where can I get a 24" rigid fork?
  • Earl
    Free Member

I want to replace the heavy shagged sus forks on my sons Trek MT220 24″ bike.

Cant find a 1/18th rigid fork anywhere on google. Something equivalent to isla/frog.

Anybody know where I can get one?

m0rk
    Free Member

26″ fork to help with the suspension correction?

Earl
    Free Member

Yeah – thats a idea but v brake wont work

The current AtoC is 400mm – forks of course are completely locked out even with my 14st on top. And tbh – it handles horribly. Would love to get a shorter fork on it.

isitafox
    Free Member

You could get some trials forks which would have the brake mounts in the correct place but again the A-C would be 400mm

psycorp
    Free Member

Don’t Carbon Cycles/Exotic do them?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Have 24″ jump fork think it is disc only they are bit heavy in black.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Earl, I have some old Kona P2 (?) rigid forks that are short and 1-1/8th steerer, I think “corrected” for old short travel (maybe 80mm) or maybe for a jump bike. I bought them a few years ago by accident thinking they were for a 100mm travel frame, but they’re too short. They have disc brake mounts as well. You are welcome to have measurements and pics or just have them for price of postage and a small donation to that STW Jen cancer charity. hopwood[dot]mail[at]gmail[dot]com

Junkyard
    Free Member

Early SIDS 28 mm stanchions as they ahave a very low a-c and are only 80 mm travel with lock out
    Weigh about 3 lbs iirc

Hard to find these days though

I have a red pair if any use

takisawa2

26″ forks won’t work.
    V brake mounts in wrong place.
    Trust me, same issue here. I picked up some Isla 26″ forks but no good.
    You could rebuild the wheel onto a disc hub & stick s disc brake on…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Sorry, for some reason I thought he wanted disc mounts, but on re reading it’s obviously v brakes he wants, Duh! on my part.

isitafox
    Free Member

Here are the trials forks I mentioned though you need to watch what headset you run with the Echo’s as they have a built in crown race for use with any headset with a sealed 36° or 45° cartridge bearing on the lower cup (but not Chris King, as the taper is too small).

Because trials forks
    Echo trials forks

Junkyard
    Free Member

OOps I did that too

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/24_inch_forks/c539.html
    You can get some air fork from one of the german suppliers but they are £100 iirc

Kids suspension forks

He posts on here
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rst-f1rst-air-26-mtb-suspension-fork/aid:558897

Yikes its £180 posted !!!!

Earl
    Free Member

Banan – emailed you.

I found these v brake adaptors which might do the trick. But it will be about leg diameter. The Identity forks are jump forks so i would guess they are thick. Will call Trenz on Monday to ask about them.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Identiti-Rebate-Rim-Brake-Adaptor_43426.htm

yunki
    Free Member

Another vote for carbon cycles/exotic and I’m fairly certain that Onza do something too

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Just go to halfords and get them to order a fork for an Apollo tokko or similar for you.

Earl
    Free Member

boriselbrus – spot on
    375mm 24″ fork for £25 from a carerra bike.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get a 24" rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.