Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • where can I find races for 7 & 8 years old children ?
  • ciscokid
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I can find information about races road or cross for 7 and 8 years old children Please ?
    I am living in Holland but have to move for my job for 6 months to the U.K.
    My son and daughter are racing here every week without licence in open competitions.
    Does anything like that exists in the U.K. ? I think yes because I saw some photo´s of races but could not find any info on dates, rules and places.
    Thanks G.

lazybike
    Free Member

Depends where you will be moving to….. this is my local series..

matthewlhome
    Free Member

As above. Depends where you are moving to but most cross series have children’s races. For road you would need close circuit though. Here in Lincoln the ‘cross league has popular childrens races, and in the summer there is closed circuit racing with the club

TiRed

Where are you moving to? I’d suggest either Reading (palmerparkvelo track and MTB) or Hillingdon (West London) for closed circuit racing.

lazybike
    Free Member

road racing here

Jase
    Free Member

I live in Milton Keynes and have an 8 yo girl. In the summer we have closed circuit racing every week. Redbridge cycle centre mentioned above is an hour away.

2tyred

Local clubs are the best place to start, plenty races where they only need to pay a quid or so for a day licence, and there’s a growing number of ‘Go-Race’ races organised through British Cycling that have categories right down to under 8 and need no licence.

My eldest is 6 and started racing this year – my hopes of lazy weekend mornings once his Saturday morning club sessions stop for the winter have been dashed by his discovery of cyclocross.

Random
    Free Member

The most comprehensive online listings I have found on http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events.

hammerite
    Free Member

British Cycling

Choose your discipline, then choose the age group you are after.

Most kids races are cyclocross this time of year. Closed circuit winter series road races for kids start after Christmas at Hillingdon and usually Hogg Hill (Redbridge) – others places probably have closed circuit races too. You can probably find races without too much of a travel every weekend.

Towards the end of spring some of the velodromes open up for Summer track leagues and grass track racing also starts up.

As others have said get involved with a Go Ride club and things will open up from there.

StuF

My kids have had fun at these before notts derby cx

karl1824
    Free Member

My 4 and 7 year old had fun with the Nutcracker mtb series. Kids races ran by BC alongside main events. Short races but they loved it.
    Ran in the north of england, see website. http://www.nutcrackermtb.co.uk/index.html

karl1824
    Free Member

This is link to the Sweatmoneters section, as the young ones are dubbed.
    http://www.nutcrackermtb.co.uk/Sweatmonsters.html

Blackhound

Lots of racing in Notts & Derby cyclocross league/ Derby Mercury are a Go-Ride club and do stuff for juniors and I am sure others in East Mids do as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘where can I find races for 7 & 8 years old children ?’ is closed to new replies.