Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where can I buy helitape cut to fit xtr crank arms?
  • bol

I bought an xtr crankset second hand last year which came with protective film fitted to the crank arms. A winter of mud and grit has taken it's toll, and I want to replace it for my new Soda build. I've found a product called Race Shield, but I can't find anywhere in the uk that sells it.

Having previously made a rubbish job of cutting helitape to fit various bits of bike, making my own isn't an option.

Any ideas?

Timmo
    Free Member

there's a company called crankskins that do them custom made for most cranks, Loads of colours etc. might be worth a look??
    http://www.crankskins.com/

njee20
    Free Member

You can't cut one 6" straight line? I don't think you should be allowed outside unsupervised.

the_prophet
    Free Member

You can't cut one 6" straight line? I don't think you should be allowed outside unsupervised

😆

its not really that hard to do yourself, just use a stanley knife and a ruler or a pair of scissors, trim to fit. done. saved yourself a few quid.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Make sure you use round edged scissors, and carry them pointing away from the body.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Holy smoke – cut a template first if you are that inept…

BigJohn

Have you taken the Autism test, below?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Really???

🙄

atlaz
    Free Member

Wow… are people really that protective of the paint on their cranks?

njee20
    Free Member

I cover mine, because they look crap if you don't, but I wouldn't pay for specific 'skins' for them, just cut a chunk of heli tape when I'm doing the rest of the bike.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I cover mine, because they look crap if you don't,

'Used' is the word you are looking for. 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Ok then, I don't want them to look 'used'! 🙂

If nothing else, I very rarely keep components until they die, I sell 90% of bits, I'll get more money if they look good still!

0091paddy
    Free Member

Just cut it to size. Had mine on for nearly a year now…no problems/rubbing away.

GEDA
    Free Member

Old bits of inner tube or any other strong tubular rubbery thing 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Crankskins are wonderful – they make them to look like this

But not grey with an XTR logo!

"Forkskins" are available too. (snigger)

bol

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Particularly Timmo. Perhaps I should have said can't be ar*ed to faff about and waste a load of helitape when Mrs Bol keeps such a close eye on time wasted on bike fettling. I am a bit of a tart, and want my stuff to look nice for as long as possible so that I'm not tempted to waste money replacing it, and so that when I actually do, it's worth more.

Incidentally, flaming cranks anyone…?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bump. 🙄 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where can I buy helitape cut to fit xtr crank arms?’ is closed to new replies.