Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Where can I buy crankskins in the UK?
  • alancash100
    Free Member

Hi,

Where can I buy crankskins in the UK? I don’t want to order them from the US.

Thanks

Al

Milkie
    Free Member

You can order them via Ebay. Delivery was extremely quick for me!

alancash100
    Free Member

Hi,

thanks for the reply; my wife ordered something from the US recently and there was a delay in posting due to her having to send a check to customs to pay the VAT.

did this happen with you on ebay or was the VAT included in the price?

Thanks again,

Al.

steel4real
    Free Member

My experience was that after finding them on ebay I ordered twice more direct from their website and in all 3 cases (last year) they were delivered in a week. No customs delays as the value wasn’t high enough.

Milkie
    Free Member

There were no charges as it’s not high enough price for import charges, I also think it was sent as a letter and was here within a week.

d45yth
    Free Member

Make your own out of protection tape? I made some out of the stuff from Paragon Tapes on Ebay. Make a cardboard template first and cut tape around that.

brant
    Free Member

What’s the point of them? (Serious question).

d45yth
    Free Member

I only protected mine because they’re carbon…this is on my ‘good’ bike, I don’t bother on my others.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got carbon cranks too. They’re scuffed but I’m not really worried about scraping them any more I am with alloy ones. Like brant I’m not sure what the point is.

RobHilton
    Free Member

brant – Member

What’s the point of them? (Serious question).

Some people occupy their time colour matching their components.

It’s a good distraction from riding bikes, which is clearly far too much effort to be enjoyable.

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

These sound like something I should have! Alas, on googling I see that they are protective sticky thingums for cranks. All my cranks are polished metal so don’t need protecting. Shame, was looking forward to another encounter with the import-duty man.

Milkie
    Free Member

The point of them, is exactly the same point as heli tape, to protect them from dings and scuffs.

I made a CAD template of them, can I find it now… Noooo!

RobHilton
    Free Member

The point of them, is exactly the same point as heli tape

So you can be all precious about your “pride & joy”?

Or to sell you something you can add to your bike that you don’t need and won’t make your riding time any more enjoyable, but will be something to point out to your mates that you’ve got.

Like a dropper seatpost :mrgreen:

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do they make mechskins?

I want to protect my shiney new Alivio mech.

muddy247
    Free Member

Skinny inner tube and insulation tape does the same job for cranks!

RobHilton
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Do they make mechskins?

I want to protect my shiney new Alivio mech.

Sorted

alancash100
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m really greatful for the helpful replies – thanks.

For the cynics – I don’t understand why you watse your time searching internet forums for things to moan about, get a life. If you think crankskins are a waste of time then that’s fine, no need to post a reply is there (please don’t let STF become like the UKC forum).

Al

jamesco

All this time I’ve been leaving cack on my new bike and not fussing over a few scrapes and dings so the eye glaring newness would wear off ‘n’ get me some cred with the trail snobs, flip I coulda just left it in the shed till I needed to park up at trail centre caffs ‘n’ shops ah well ya live an’ learn.
    Not moanin just groanin,

james88
    Free Member

Found them on ebay UK

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Where can I buy crankskins in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.